• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question Regarding Tramadol Dose and Cough Syrup Some Time After

Vincent_Crane

Greenlighter
Morning everyone. I have a question on the substances I took within a time period, and if I would be at risk of serotonin syndrome or seizures.

Some quick info: I have some opiate tolerance, but only from Tramadol. Not a habitual user, once a week at most and will take 400mg in a day at most. I have hyperthyroidism, so my metabolism speedy.

So here's the details, yesterday very close to around 7:20pm, I took 200mg of Tramadol (not ultram or ultracet). I went to bed at 10:30pm, and i could not fall asleep for some reason, which is a problem because I need to wake up early. 12:20am came around, so I got up and took a therapeutic dose of cough syrup (30mg dxm, 12.5mg doxylamine succinate, and 600mg acetaminophen) at 12:25am. I went to go to sleep, but I started thinking about potential interactions with what I have taken. It is now 1:54am as I type this line, so so far so good, but anything i should know? Is it safe to go to sleep? And thank you for the read.

It's very normal to not be able to sleep three hours after the last tramadol dose.

And you shouldnt combine tramadol with dextrometorphan because it can cause serotonin syndrome.