Question Regarding Simple LSA ROA

sidestyle

Bluelighter
If I were to:

1. Crush 20 HBWR seeds
2. Add 118 ml vodka
3. Wait approx 24 hours
4. Strain out the seed material
5. Drink half (this would produce 2 doses)

Would this be an effective way to get LSA out of the seeds and into one's system?
I have read about the naptha/alcohol extraction, but I know that people also just soak the ground seeds in water overnight.
My thought was that maybe the alcohol might aid in the extraction a bit better and also help reduce some of the vasoconstriction that appears to happen during an LSA experience.

Thanks, and Happy Holidaze!

Not likely.
Alcohol is going to dissolve both the water soluble stuff as well as the oil soluble stuff so you'll have the same stuff in the same proportions as if you just ate the crushed seeds.
My advice is to just crush the seeds and eat them.
10 seeds should be a decent starting dose, but you'll want to make sure you have fresh viable seeds.
I crack each one open to check to make sure it has a nice plump embryo. If it it withered inside, toss it and get another. That seemed to make quite a difference back when I was taking HBWR on a fairly regular basis.

The shell bits scratch up the G.I. tract! Some people (like you) seem to be resistant to this.. I always advocate filtered preparations.

"The Indians grind the seeds on the metate (grinding stone) until they are reduced to flour. Then the flour is soaked in cold water, and after a short time the liquor is passed through a cloth strainer and drunk."

R. Gordon Wasson. Notes on the Present Status of Ololiuhqui and the Other Hallucinogens of Mexico, Botan. Museum Leaflets, (Harvard Univ.), vol. 20 (1963)

"...ground and placed in a gourd with water. The solid particles are strained out, and the liquid is drunk."

Schultes, R.E. and Hofmann, A. Plants of the Gods (1979). p. 175

I don't think you need to soak them overnight...when I was doing CWEs I only soaked the seed material for 20-30 minutes, until the water turns a pale yellowish-green. Longer than that and the water would start to turn brown and cause more GI problems if drunk. (This was with morning glories but HBWR should work the same) You can also empty out a teabag and put the crushed seeds in that to make it easy to filter them out.

Awesome, thanks for the varied responses and the quickness!
I will do the experiment tonight then, and figure out what the story is with this. I just thought it would be cool to have a small vial or bottle of psychedelic alcohol that one could offer to a friend and have nice evening trip together. :)

I shall report back soon with my findings!

Yes, it is cool. It's like making coffee. Keeping the grounds in the beverage is stupid.

Ok, so here goes my live report:

I filtered the seed material with a coffee filter into a 1 cup measure, then poured that into a 1/2 cup measure to make sure my dosing was accurate. It exactly filled the 1/2 cup, and so I poured it into the 1/4 cup measure and took the shot. Mind you, this is flavored vodka. The taste was actually better than I expected, almost aided by the flavoring. 42.62 ml is a standard shot of alcohol, and 1/4 cup is 59 ml so I've taken about a shot. I am interested in seeing where the effects of alcohol depart from the effects of the LSA, if at all discernible (I think they will be).

t+0:04 - Feeling the warmth of the alcohol, slightly loosened up.

t+0:06 - I feel a tightness in my forehead and warmth in my ears, almost like the start of a headache which is uncommon for me with alcohol. It may be placebo, but I feel a greater amount of relaxation than I usually do from one shot. The warmth is spreading through my scalp, almost as if my hairs were on end.

t+0:09 - It is becoming more difficult to type and I feel more detached from the physical world. I feel more aware of how I am looking out of my body into the world I inhabit, almost like looking out from a mask. If you've seen Enter The Void, just think of how the camera is basically the protagonist's eyes, you can see the blinking. That's the kind of visual awareness I'm experiencing. Some slight stomach discomfort building and I don't really like it. I may chew on some ginger shortly to see if that helps.

t+0:14 - Definitely becoming more sensitive to light. Looking up from the computer screen almost transposes the screen onto the wall. A full body buzz seems to be developing, all the way into my legs. My nose is a bit stuffy as well.

t+0:17 - The stuffiness developed into some pretty violent sneezing! I am still sneezing quite strongly, though the major sneezefest seems to have subsided. Interesting little detour here. Never really had the sneezes when tripping before... The ginger did help significantly with the nausea.

t+0:24 - Gotten started building a fire in the fireplace, and definitely feeling incapacitated and tired. Quite lethargic, slack-jawed and immobile in a way. My nose is almost completely blocked up. I have had a few interesting thought processes and I know there may be some difficult work to do during this trip. I know that and accept that whatever may be will be. I will be open to whatever comes up and whatever I can learn. There is the acknowledgement of the need of humility at this point, as is (in my opinion) necessary during any journey, psychedelic or otherwise. That sedation doe.

t+0:31 - Almost falling asleep, got the fire going. When I lay back and close my eyes, I imagine I might see some visions. I will try to lay down for a bit and put some music on (no music playing at the moment). So far, it seems the experiment is successful! My heartrate feels softer or weaker than usual. This is slightly concerning, but I know this game that drugs can play at times, so I'm just relaxing and knowing that more likely than not, I am fine. I have read no reports of any heart problems or circulation issues (apart from vasoconstriction) arise from the use of HBWR. I do feel extremely relaxed though. Extremely. I would almost relate this to nodding out on some kind of opiate. Oops! Gotta tend the fire a bit.

t+0:41 - Things seem to have stabilized a bit. Still feeling a pretty heavy sedation, but my nose has opened back up and I can definitely notice the sensory enhancement. The computer screen is very very bright. As I type this, I am feeling a bit less sedated. Oh wait, the sedation has seemed to pick back up a bit. Music is pretty nice at this point, and definitely colors the space. It sounds a bit far away, but it still seems to be close, if that makes sense. My eyelids are quite heavy. I find myself with my head just kinda looking around. Singing feels really interesting, almost as if there is nothing my voice is coming from, but what it comes from is powerful. Interesting. Definitely feel like the King of Bongo Bong :) Ok, music definitely makes a difference. Ahhhhh the fire is being abandoned!

t+0:48 - Been having some important introspection, particularly about a friendship with a woman I currently have and have been having some cognitive dissonance about. I know that this is a just friends situation, and am okay with it, but there is a part deep inside that has other thoughts and/or expectations. I recognize the importance of keeping the friendship sacred if I wish to keep it. I am able to appreciate the friendship and be at peace with myself in the process. Wow. Really important release there, and am feeling so blissful at coming to that. I am blessed to have friendship, in whatever form it takes. I hope to have a bit more feeling of honor to be someone's friend from now on. This is not to say that I am not a good friend, but I think that I can get a bit mixed up with friendships sometimes. I need to be a bit more concrete with my boundaries maybe. I recognize also the points in my past where "friends" have kind of surprised me and ended up becoming a kind of romantic thing. This is what I have needed, definitely. Something for me to reach a little deeper inside and KNOW the changes that can happen and why they are good for me! Coming to this realization, I feel free and quite elated. I feel able to release some of what I've been holding onto subconsciously (not unconsciously, because that can never be accessed- it is unconscious!). And, coincidentally enough, that same friend I am thinking about is suddenly texting me emojis and telling me about what's up! It's almost like a test to see if I am able to practice this new insight. And I can. I can. :)

t+1:01 - Okay, I'm definitely tripping. The method is successful, people. Tell your friends (or don't). I would like to thank the kind folks at Bluelight that helped make this (safely and in a harm-reduction way) possible. red22, you are a hilarious dude, by the way. In a good way. So, according to erowid, I am pretty much up at this point. Most likely will not be getting much higher, which is fine for an evening just kicking it and thinking about things. Which reminds me to think some about the Robert Anton Wilson ideas in Prometheus Rising. In this high state, I am able to see a bit more clearly (kinda peek above the tree line, so-to-speak) about my interest in evolutionary consciousness, especially where that relates to mental health. I am currently munching on carrots, very happy that I decided to do this at the time that I did. The come-up is a little rough, but once you get up here to the plateau, it's actually quite nice and level. Clear and ethereal, in a way. Getting a bit subjective-metaphoric here guys (and girls), sorry. Lately, I have been working on at least understanding the programming at the socio-sexual circuit and get beyond it. In the words of Aldous Huxley, "An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex." I agree wholeheartedly and though I do love sex, I think that this is an important time for me to delve into some of the more intellectual pursuits that await me. Well, I am getting quite analytical at this point. Okay people, I think this *may* conclude this trip/experiment report. Any questions and comments will be accepted at the end of this post. :)

Much love and blessings to all!

Last edited:
Very nice!
Although apparently I don't have the permissions to view your lovely repository of knowledge :)

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems that I now can

Last edited:
I will, from now on, be making psychedelic liquor. I highly recommend it to other psychedelic connoisseurs!