• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Question regarding length of storage of an already prepped dose

Just1nK

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I’m new here. I tried searching the forums for an answer to my question to no avail.

I am wondering how long you can “store” or “save” a shot of heroin that has already been prepped and drawn into a syringe? Does it lose its potency over time, or does the outcome remain the exact same as if I were to use the shot immediately after preparation versus preparing and saving for a later use?

Thank you for any help!

I'm no expert but iirc it degrades to morphine after 12 to 24 hours. Which is a little less potent. But ime iaftsr 1 day it starts to go weird and the solution begins to look like insoluble particles appear., so may need re prepping

I always froze mine. But in situations I'd sometimes have doses prepared for a day. It's probably not overly a good idea, potency aside.

Well I definitely don’t want to decrease potency. Thanks for the replies guys.

@mostly-human when you say you froze yours, exactly how did you do this?

Thanks again!

I'd draw it into the syringe. Word of warning though, some seals fail in the cold so be careful.

This shows that at 24hrs only 4-13% has converted to 6-MAM, no morphine was detected.

If I was still shooting heroin I’d feel fine leaving a syringe full in the fridge, or even at room temp, for a couple of days no problem. 6-MAM is still good dope by most people’s standards.

-GC

A bigger issue is the risk of mold or bacteria growing... Morphine is active either way and I believe it only starts noticably converting by 24 hours, but it takes a good bit longer to convert

I recall being in a situation where i had to prep a week's worth of points, So that is three shots a day give or take. So i PRE prepped 22 points. And I picked up on no potency reduction what so ever by the 5th day.
I've done this a few more times over the years, but not for that many days in advance. That 5-day trip was the longest I've had to prep for. But in all my 27 years of using I can't think of any pre-prep that led me to believe there was a potency compromise.

SU
Seattle