Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Question regarding high blood pressure

Zenoe

Greenlighter
Hi,

How much of an affect on HBP does mdma have? The sample in question is high purity mdma crystals (Tested).

Last time I had some I started with a 0.05 bomb (small I know) and that was quite effective but I've only done it once this year before that.. so virtually no tolerance. Over the night I took a little more and that wasn't as effective as the first dose.

Doctors are currently looking into my HBP. Its usually around 130 on a normal day but can sky rocket up to about 170/80 at times. What are the risks associated with taking mdma with high blood pressure? I take no medication for any condition as it stands, and when I take MDMA it is small doses. Might be worth mentioning i'm female.

thanks for any replies

Also to add - I do have diagnosed anxiety which could be the root cause (Hypertension). However I don't take any meds for this apart from cannabis.

Sounds like you have white coat hypertension very common just means u get anxious when you have bp checked by doctors, if its normal when you are at home relaxed then you dont have true hypertension

My bp can go to 170/100 in hospital then after valium 130/80 amazing dont let the docs freak u out about it

The whitecoat hypertension is a good explanation, however the doctor gave me a devise to wear which checked my BP over the course of 24 hours at intervals, it was still fairly high at times. My main worry is mdma and HBP, don't want to take anything and make it go through the roof.

What was your normal and highest BP when wearing the 24 hour monitor?

Hi,

How much of an affect on HBP does mdma have? The sample in question is high purity mdma crystals (Tested).

Last time I had some I started with a 0.05 bomb (small I know) and that was quite effective but I've only done it once this year before that.. so virtually no tolerance. Over the night I took a little more and that wasn't as effective as the first dose.

Doctors are currently looking into my HBP. Its usually around 130 on a normal day but can sky rocket up to about 170/80 at times. What are the risks associated with taking mdma with high blood pressure? I take no medication for any condition as it stands, and when I take MDMA it is small doses. Might be worth mentioning i'm female.

thanks for any replies

The major problems related to blood pressure is for how long your heart beats harder in that 'scale'.
Imagine a muscle making more efforts than it should. Like any muscle it tends to grow bigger and that's the problem.
You could have a peak of blood pressure, but make sure this is not constant neither allow it to go to high.
Ideally we should stay in between 80--120.

170/80 is high, but it's when the lower number is over 90 that HPB becomes truly dangerous. Maybe you should ask about having your BP medicated if it's consistently high. I've never taken MDMA, so I can't speak on how that might affect BP.

How old are you if ur in 20s 30s your chance of stroking out are extremely slim , having said that if you are morbidly obese and have diabetes no stims for u :)

Also if its 170/80 your prob spiking not staying up there for hours if it stayed at 170/100 for 24hrs now ur hearts working overtime

I'm 20, very slightly overweight my BMI is around 28. Worth mentioning that when I do take anything I've only every taken small doses and its kept me up so I never really take a lot, for example last time i dropped I did two doses totaling around 0.3g for the entire night