• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question regarding good maintenance dose for suboxone.

en10se

Bluelighter
So I want to make it quick, but came off an oxy habbit 3 weeks ago and have been stabilized on 8mg suboxone a day, no cravings or side effects really.

I was prescribed 16mg, but with the research I did I only took 8mg because the 16mg gave me side effects.

I have read a little about norbuprenorphine as a metabolite, and is blocked at higher doses of bupe.

I am doing good at the moment, but my question is would lowering or tapering my dose down to 4mg or less find more productive since the whole 'less is more' of what Ive been reading.

My goal is to stay off the opiates, and I am not looking for a 'high', but wondering if 8mg is working would going less be more or less productive to cravings.

I'm assuming you'd have the option of going back up to 8mg if you weren't happy at 4mg? if so, i'd say give it a try. i agree with the whole ''less is more'' , i keep my methadone dose fairly low . ...am much happier at 65mg than i would be nodding all day at 130mg.

Less is deff more man you will have same desired effects @ 4 as u will 8. Just extra chems ur ingesting for no reason & a longer taper when u do taper. Wish I started on 4. Well I did, but they made me come in n take med in front of them everyday for a week & so I was stuck on 8 after that. But 4mg was perfect for me n I had 1-3 bundle a day habit. Idk how long u been taking subs but just throwing this out there when I lowered to 4 from 8 following my docs advise I was gettin sick for 12-24 hr clips . So if it was me I wouldn't just take 4mg If I was taking 8 for a bit. Maybe decrease a mg ever couple days but I seem to b super sensitive to w/d so I would even go down 1/2mg ever couple days until 4. But maybe u can do 1 or 2mg to I've heard some ppl r fine doing that just not me. Best of luck man

how do you taper a 8mg strip? :p even cuts?

^^ Yeah, pretty much. :)

Fold an 8mg film in half and then fold it in half again, now tear or cut along the lines you've made and you have 4 x 2mg pieces of film. You can cut these 4 pieces in half again and you would have 8 x 1mg pieces of film.

A. <3

^^ Yeah, pretty much. :)

Fold an 8mg film in half and then fold it in half again, now tear or cut along the lines you've made and you have 4 x 2mg pieces of film. You can cut these 4 pieces in half again and you would have 8 x 1mg pieces of film.

A.

You would likely be as well on 4mg as you are at 8mgs - you are thinking in the right direction imo.

What size oxy habit and for how long were you taking if you don't mind answering?

I was using a few hundred mg of oxy for a while. But thanks everyone for the info, ya im going to do the crease half thing and see if I can stabilize on 4mg! :p

^fair enough I was in the same boat. Pain sucks.Take care and good luck.

I went from 8 to 4 in 2 weeks. Then I started taking myself down a MG a week. Now on 1mg. Same effect as 8mg. Good luck on your journey.

I was only on 8mg for a few weeks, would I need to taper a long time if that was the case? How long were you on 8mg? if you dont mind me asking. :)

Yup everyone seems to be spot on w/ the folding technique, I don't want to offer how much to decrease by tho given I haven't had a period of decreasing after only a few weeks. After 2-3 yrs I was decreasing by 1/4 or 1/2mgs, I would imagine not so slow if I wasn't on it so long, 1-2mg decreases got me sick a Cple times but after years on it