• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Question Regarding Food And Clonazepam

Princess_kitten

Greenlighter
I know that it says Clonazepam can be taken with or without food but I find that if I have eaten anything and take the Clonazepam after, it won't work, even if I take the Clonazepam four hours after eating.

I am planning on taking Clonazepam for an MRI I have to have done on June 20, 2019. My mom wants me to eat something in the morning and is suggesting eggs because something such as plain Rice Krispies has carbs and would prevent the drug from working, even if I take the drug a few hours after having the bowl of cereal.

I am supposed to fast for at least four hours before the test (since I am having IV Contrast) and the appointment is at 5:30 p.m.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a light food that I could eat that won't interfere with taking the drug? I plan on taking it by 2:00 p.m. since it takes at least two hours for the drug to work due to my metabolism (I might get called in earlier than 5:30 p.m. so I plan on taking it at 2:00 p.m. or even 1:50 p.m.).

I really need this drug to work since I am TERRIFIED of needles; this was mentioned to the MRI people this morning (they were called) and it was suggested they give me Midazolam but that's also via IV so I can't have that since I am SEVERELY NEEDLEPHOBIC (sorry for bolding and the caps I just need to emphasise how bad my phobia is - I have tried to calm down and overcome the phobia but it is impossible - mainly due to a cyst covering the entire right side of my brain, including the amygdala, which controls emotions such as fear - because the cyst is covering the amygdala it is extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible, like now) for me to control my phobia.

If anyone can suggest a food that I could eat a few hours before I take the Clonazepam (I plan on eating at least five hours before I take the Clonazepam) that would be great.

Also, sublingual doesn't make a difference - it still takes at least two hours for the drug to work plus if I have eaten a little while before I take it, the pill won't work (even if it's sublingual). The Clonazepam I will be taking isn't sublingual and I have tried Ativan and the Ativan doesn't work at all for me.

I plan on abstaining from Clonazepam until the day I have my MRI, which is June 20th, so my tolerance should be extremely low by then and the pills should work (I did this in the past and it worked but it was for a different circumstance that did not involve needles).

I was always told that if you ate greasy foods like bacon or something along those lines, the medicine may get through your system the same as not eating, or for some, faster. Just an ol tale I once heard. GL.

Thanks for the good luck. I have been told that too but for me it's not that way. Hence that is why I asked my question regarding light foods.