• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question regarding codeine wds

dcs666

Greenlighter
Hi all,

Long time reader. First time poster.

I was using codeine on and off for the last 2 years. Not huge amounts, but I used to enjoy a couple of pills when I came in from work and park my butt infront of the tv. Like some people have a glass of wine.

I decided to stop just before new year there, because a couple after work became more like 200-300mg daily around oct/nov. I was under lots of stress at work huge project on etc... and things just got outa control.

So I'm on day 11 of withdrawal, most symptoms have gone, still got a dicky stomch and can't eat harsh foods, but the worst are the chills? I feel cold ALL THE TIME. The house heating is way up at 24c and I've got multiple layers on, still feel cold.

Can anyone give me advice on when I can expect my body temp to re-adjust to normal?

Thanks for any help.

Howdy, dcs. I can't share from experience, but you've got to be long past the worst of it.

Where I'm from, 24C is considered freezing anyway, so I can relate.

Fasting will cause a major drop in cold tolerance, so getting back to your normal calorie intake might be all you need.

I’m surprised you’re still getting chills on the 11th day of withdrawals. Just wrap up in some warm cloths and stick it out. You could try loperamide, it’s an opioid but doesn’t cross the blood brain barrier (won’t get you high) so it’s OTC. It might help with the shaky stomach and possibly the chills, but just don’t get reliant on it or use it in high doses.

Thanks guys. You're right I haven't been eating at all. Just couldn't with the stomach wd symptoms. I'll give it a go and see if things improve.

I used a small amount of loperamide obviously during the early stages, and domperidone.

I took pregabalin during peak withdrawal period and it really helped ease the wds. I'm just wondering if it's a left over from that. The dose was 300mg x 3 daily during day 3, 4, and 5

Any idea how long should the remaining symptoms last?

You could try loperamide, it’s an opioid but doesn’t cross the blood brain barrier (won’t get you high)

That not correct. It DOES cross the BBB, but is pumped back out by p-glycoprotein. People take huge doses along with PGP and Cyp-450 inhibitors to keep it the right side of the BBB and in doing so do get high and suppress withdrawls...It's just that this is very dangerous for the heart as it extends QT intervals and can be fatal.

I admit i don’t know much about lope, but i was just trying to drive the point that it’s not gonna get you high in low doses.

I admit i don’t know much about lope, but i was just trying to drive the point that it’s not gonna get you high in low doses.

Yes in low doses (as per the recommended dose) it won't as it will be instantly pumped back out of the brain.

Only if mega dosed and combined with P-glycoprotein and cyp-450 inhibitors will it stay in the brain long enough to have any effect.

It does however still bind to opiate receptors in the gut which is how it stops the squirts.