• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question regarding Cocaine tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewPhone

Bluelighter
From what I've heard, cocaine tolerance can build up quickly. If I were to do about 2 grams of cocaine during a 3 day period, for my first time trying it, and wait around a week and a half before using it again, will my tolerance have time to go back down to zero?

the thing about a three day binge is that by day two you wont get high anymore, more of a rush then just nothing followed by a craving and on day three you will need the coke to not feel shit

your better off having a gram in one night and saving the other for the next week.

there is a thing called stimulant sensitization whereby if you had a gram one week you can become more sensitive to it the next time you get it

From what I've heard, cocaine tolerance can build up quickly. If I were to do about 2 grams of cocaine during a 3 day period, for my first time trying it, and wait around a week and a half before using it again, will my tolerance have time to go back down to zero?

Why do you want to use 2 grams for your first time, is it? a gram of good coke should last a first timer at least a day, besides you don't know how you'll react.

So basically go with the flow, see how you feel and try and keep using minimal i.e. once a week, keep some for your next session, easier said than done though.

IDK about how tolerant you'll become and it can get out of control quickly if you have the money or even if you don't and end up with a bill with your dealer.

However I used coke 4 days per week not long ago for a few months, I've been off it for 4 weeks. So I'm not judging you ;)

EDIT- Last a day depending on the situation, i.e if your drinking etc.

Dude do you have any idea how damaging a 3 day coke binge is on your heart? Unless you have no regard whatsoever for personal health then I highly recommend you do the least amount possible to get you off. Wait until the evening to start, and get plenty of rest the next day. Jumping into cocaine like that is a terrible idea, just imagine how much you will need once you start to really like it!

the thing about a three day binge is that by day two you wont get high anymore, more of a rush then just nothing followed by a craving and on day three you will need the coke to not feel shit

your better off having a gram in one night and saving the other for the next week.

QFT. I don't know if your tolerance would go down to zero after a week and a half but in my experience I have never had problems with tolerance after a week or so... IME the tolerance grows rapidly during the session as mentioned above. If I do more than .75 g in a night I won't feel shit

Holy shit guys you're making it seem like doing 1 gram of coke is going to kill the guy. A three day binge on 2 grams is nothing. Your heart isn't going to explode or anything else. God I've done 2 grams in a night (7 hours) after a long ass break and yeah I felt like shit and wouldn't recommend it but nothing bad happened. So a 2 gram 3 day binge isn't that bad.

As for the week long break. you're tolerance will have increased mostly do in part to you popping your yayo cherry. Besides that a week break will reduce your tolerance to nearly zero.

^^
thanks for the great advice man ... Im still here after shooting gram after gram of cocaine does this mean i go around telling people its safe? no you dont know other peoples body like your own

In over 24 years of daily use, I never experienced any tolerance whatsoever. :\

A few thoughts here. Firstly, everyones tolerance and reaction to cocaine is different, so where 1 gram might be plenty for some people with two grams deadly, for others, slamming a half ounce over three days is no big deal (well, at least not until day four, but that's a different story).

I think the issue here is that the OP is planning a "binge" his first time using coke. Because tolerance, and addiction potential increases dramatically as the duration of a session increases, it's just a bad idea to plan a binge the first time out.

Why not share a few grams with a few close friends on a night out and see how that works for you. Don't plan to use so much, however much that may be, that the majic is gone and you need to keep redosing in higher and higher amounts to get any effect whatsoever.

Used moderately for a few hours of fun with reasonable breaks in between, coke can be one hell of a social party drug. Trying to find a vein in day 3 of an IV coke binge so you can push off a 1/4 g. shot when you are shaking hard and can barely see your arm, much less find a vein isn't all it's cracked up to be . . .

FC

Don't plan to use so much, however much that may be, that the majic is gone and you need to keep redosing in higher and higher amounts to get any effect whatsoever.

Yeh exactly. Instead of saying "I've got 2 grams of coke and plan on getting as fucked up as possible" go into the weekend with the intention of having a good time and trying cocaine as an enhancer... not the be all and end all of going out. Cocaine makes social situaions fun, but too much coke and you're in for one violent night. So be warned: take it easy the first few times.
I'm moving this to BDD

^^
thanks for the great advice man ... Im still here after shooting gram after gram of cocaine does this mean i go around telling people its safe? no you dont know other peoples body like your own

well if you had read my whole response you might have seen I said I don't recommend that large of a dose. And by the way have you ever heard of any one dieing off of a 2 gram 3 day binge? Maybe it's possible but I have never heard of such a thing.

. . . have you ever heard of any one dieing off of a 2 gram 3 day binge? Maybe it's possible but I have never heard of such a thing.

Yes - one 1/2 gram shot would be light out, party over for a whole lot of folks.

FC

Obviously I don't mean at once. Come on I'm talking about a 2 gram dose spread out over three days. A dose in which a normally functioning non retard might take. .5 gram is ridiculous no one without a tolerance would even think of doing this and if they did they deserve what happens.

If your a first timer then 1/4 to 1/2 gram should last you all night (4-6 hours).

Also (although this makes it less safe) I would make sure your moderately to completely smashed before doing your first line. Make sure your first line is the smallest, and slowly work your way up... other wise your going to go through a whole gram fast... and you will hate yourself and want to leave what your doing.

Have some liquor and tobacco ready... once you do a gummy and a line or two liquor tastes fantastic... Don't use any sleeping aide/ pills or anything beyond weed if your have more then 3-4 drinks in you.

Watch out for the urge to send coke-out text messages. You may regret the honesty!

Obviously I don't mean at once. Come on I'm talking about a 2 gram dose spread out over three days. A dose in which a normally functioning non retard might take. .5 gram is ridiculous no one without a tolerance would even think of doing this and if they did they deserve what happens.

I knew what you meant, =D. There are lots of non-retarded folks (myself included) that would think that a half-gram shot would be a good idea, only because the last one, that was just less than a half-gram didn't kill us. That would make me an addict!

Point being that personal experience is . . . personal. It is a slippery slope giving advice about doses, and quantities, and MOAs, especially with coke, because several hours or days in to a binge judgement tends to fly out the window.

As I stated previously, I do know people that have died or ended up in a hospital when they started with less than 2 grams simply because they did too much all at once. Just like noone should drive after they have been drinking, but people do anyway, intoxication tends to cloud a person's judgement.
I think you should reconsider what you stated above. Noone deserves to inflict the agony on their loved ones that an overdose brings.

To the OP: Sorry for derailing your thread. Most people will be fine spreading 2 grams over 3 days, and after a week or so (perhaps sooner) your tolerance will return to zero. Over time, however, your "taste" for higher and higher doses are likely to increase.

FC

How quickly does IV coke use build up a tolerance?

I hadn''t used in several months, never ever used heavily. I used about 2 grams over 3-4 days 1.5 weeks ago, decent results. I did a gram in one day 5 days ago and didn't get much of a rush at all. I did another gram the next day and same thing. Tried again today and same thing. No initial rush at all then barely barely noticeable effects. The gram today was in like an hour - I felt OK doing 4-5 shots that quickly because the previous ones had done nothing so I didn't feel I was in any danger. The stuff was from 3 different sources, and seemed to dissolve OK. Other people I know had good effects with it. I've done IV coke minimal times in the past year and those times got a very intense rush off small amounts. I'm on zoloft and palafer, not sure if that would affect it? Or should I just take a break? It just seems weird to build up such a tolerance so quickly where a whole gram in an hour does nothing .

If you haven't used in a few days, a 150 - 250 mg. shot should give you an amazing rush. If it doesn't your coke has too much "pepsi" in it.

FC

If you haven't used in a few days, a 150 - 250 mg. shot should give you an amazing rush. If it doesn't your coke has too much "pepsi" in it.

If you are using A/B extracted 'pure' coke, and not a mixture of pure coke and something else (which renders any mg quantities irrelevant) then it is likely that 250mg will kill an experienced user.

^^^^^
Well, I understand the wisdom of erring on the side of caution, but "likely" and "kill" are pretty strong words. I'm curious what the source of your information might be. I am also wondering whether you are referring to an injection of that amount into a 98 pound woman or a 225 pound man - it makes a difference.

When I was shooting coke (I have been clean for 3 years now) I was buying washed coke that was consistently as pure as anything I had found. I regularly did shots of 250 mg., and wound up flopping on the floor more than a few times, but as you can see I am not "likely dead" (although I have no doubt that if I had continued on that path I would be).

I would occasionally inject 400 mg. and one time had a grand mal seizure when I attempted to inject 500 mg. at the end of a run (the seizure started before I pushed the whole shot).

My point here is that the users lack of effect is related to either a)cut product, or b) the effect of the zoloft and palafer on the coke high (which I know nothing about), but not tolerance.

FC

Status
Not open for further replies.