• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates Question on weed with opium in it

when i was in high school people used to sell stuff that was supposed to be opium. i was always skeptical because of what i heard on the net, but a friend of mine some how extracted some brown powder out of it and gave it to me because i did some favors for him. i vaporized it and then smoked the vaped powder out of a bowl. it didn't really do much for me, and the non extracted opium, which i never smoked that much of, never gave me much of a buzz either. i used to only smoke like a pinch of it on some bud because i thought it tasted good and i wanted to save it. i thought i liked it at the time, but i may have just been feeling placebo. whatever it was tasted really good and smelt great. i suspect it was opium and just wasn't that potent. i can't imagine black tar and/or incense tasting so good.

i think me or any of my close friends that i got stuff from never got hooked on any opiates, so i started to see them a lot less as years passed from being in high school. but i was definitely getting oxys from my high school crowd. i don't see why no one would be able to tell it wasn't fake opium. a lot of people were tricked by it if it wasn't real

.... i don't see why no one would be able to tell it wasn't fake opium. a lot of people were tricked by it if it wasn't real
The problem with that would be that most people haven't had real opium.

The one time I tried opium from a known source (friend grew poppies years ago), it tasted absolutely nothing like the dozen or so things I had been sold as opium.

A few years later I walked into it head shop that had incense burning, and immediately realized that that's exactly what had been in that "opium", most likely mixed in some concentration with dope.

Even later I met a guy in prison who claimed to have sold "opium" to people who weren't willing to try heroin. His "opium" was a blend of some kind of sugary syrup, #4 heroin, and incense. He thought it was the funniest thing.

The feeling of smoked morphine, and the feeling of smoked heroin, aren't all that different anyway, in my opinion.

In the Uk anything called "opium" is usually dried poppy tea - every time I've tried it it's been garbage.

The problem with that would be that most people haven't had real opium.

The one time I tried opium from a known source (friend grew poppies years ago), it tasted absolutely nothing like the dozen or so things I had been sold as opium.

A few years later I walked into it head shop that had incense burning, and immediately realized that that's exactly what had been in that "opium", most likely mixed in some concentration with dope.

Even later I met a guy in prison who claimed to have sold "opium" to people who weren't willing to try heroin. His "opium" was a blend of some kind of sugary syrup, #4 heroin, and incense. He thought it was the funniest thing.

The feeling of smoked morphine, and the feeling of smoked heroin, aren't all that different anyway, in my opinion.

Anyone who'se tried both can tell opium from heroin and morphine - it's a lot more stimulating than H because of the Thebaine.

Anyone who'se tried both can tell opium from heroin and morphine - it's a lot more stimulating than H because of the Thebaine.
Opiate addict in recovery after 15 years here.....

I can tell you the difference between most opiates at a sub-threshold level blindfolded. Hydrocodone/morphone have a certain itchy nuance, oxycodone/morphone bring more euphoria with the sideeffect of what i call "oxyrage", morphine is like a timebomb of euphoria that without benedryl you'll break skin itching (the good shit provides a histaminergic rush that literally hurts), heroin is *chefs kiss*, and fentanyl is a one-way ticket to extreme withdrawals and never remembering the blackout ppl call a "high"

Lol, this festival wasn't in 2011, was it? Because I distinctly remember real-deal opium being slung at both camp bisco and big up that year. And it sure as shit was the real stuff!

Im actually going to the disco biscuits tmrw night....talk about a throw back lol
I got some fire opium at a festival in the mid-south in 2012. I think it was on the festival circuit for real for a while there. Was pretty fairly priced too--dude just had a Toblerone-sized log (probably 8oz to start with) and was just rolling off chunks in his hand without weighing hit, giving out fat bags.

I got some fire opium at a festival in the mid-south in 2012. I think it was on the festival circuit for real for a while there. Was pretty fairly priced too--dude just had a Toblerone-sized log (probably 8oz to start with) and was just rolling off chunks in his hand without weighing hit, giving out fat bags.
I bought it for 2 reasons. 1) via family connections, I know the Bikers in the area. They're as real-deal as they come and 2) the old biker dude had a molly hatchet patch next to a gd patch + he was weighing bags on the spot with a pocket triple beam.

If that doesn't scream "authentic drug dealer" then idk what does.

Also that same year I encountered the best cocaine of my life at that same bisco. Mid day on day 2 and im walking around looking for rolling papers. I see a cholo dude with a ghetto blaster playing narco-corridos (im an extremely white guy who happens to speak almost-fluent spanish) and a pinky nail longer than a line at the DMV. I walked up to him with a joint in my mouth asking for a lighter. I split a joint of real-deal ny sour diesel and buy a gram that made me violently throw up off a key bump for less than the going rate of an 8th of sour diesel at the time ($60). I miss my Mexican friend.....

I bought it for 2 reasons. 1) via family connections, I know the Bikers in the area. They're as real-deal as they come and 2) the old biker dude had a molly hatchet patch next to a gd patch + he was weighing bags on the spot with a pocket triple beam.

If that doesn't scream "authentic drug dealer" then idk what does.

Also that same year I encountered the best cocaine of my life at that same bisco. Mid day on day 2 and im walking around looking for rolling papers. I see a cholo dude with a ghetto blaster playing narco-corridos (im an extremely white guy who happens to speak almost-fluent spanish) and a pinky nail longer than a line at the DMV. I walked up to him with a joint in my mouth asking for a lighter. I split a joint of real-deal ny sour diesel and buy a gram that made me violently throw up off a key bump for less than the going rate of an 8th of sour diesel at the time ($60). I miss my Mexican friend.....
That's what's up! I love festivals for that reason--if you meet you the right people you find mid-level dealers doing retail sales, or something similar, because you can get fire quality for incredible prices. Same morning I bought the opium I got some tabs for half the going rate at the time and the guy tested them in front of us, of his own volition! Wish I'd bought a whole sheet. I told him I was gonna dose right then and if they were good to come back in an hour and I'd buy more but he never came back :/ Understandable, but I didn't trust enough to buy a whole sheet off a guy who'd just wandered into my campsite...

Wow - I had the same experience. But it was a festival in the UK. The guy was just at a trestle table hacking off lumps & flicking them to the side. Sticky, gooey and tasty. We were all trashed for a good 12 hours.

Well, some BLers are now showing how to grow OP hydroponically so MAYBE it will make a comeback? I would MUCH rather that than a bag of brown (or dry amp of white).

It would be considering that it's a class A drug. I suspect that this was a one-off. Someone had wild planted a stack of poppy seeds and their technical ability precluded them refining it. Or, just as likely, they felt it was a service. He was only there for a couple of hours and gone.

I know their are a group of hippies in Wales who have perfected wild growing mushrooms. They end up with bales of dried mushrooms which they swap for an equal mass of hash. Some people aren't that interested in money and prefer barter.

I'm just glad I got to try it. It would be VERY difficult to OD on opium accidentally. Even eaten, it's never going to be more than 10% M by mass. We still smoked some to test it and nibbled, left it an hour and then took the rest. It seemed like in his rough and ready manner, he had cut it into doses.

But I wouldn't be so random now. I might extract & weigh the M and then eat an accurat(ish) amount.

I was reading about famous people last century that used drugs ( most where over the counter ) but one president I believe smoked weed dusted with opium .. is that a thing and is it still around ? Anyone experienced it ? Sounds rad.
it was mould within the hash and peeps kidded theirselves it was opium..is my understanding of this

I'm just glad I got to try it. It would be VERY difficult to OD on opium accidentally.

Would you be willing to expand on this? I'm academically curious about poppy tea, and most of the smarties I've talked to actually warn casuals not to make poppy tea because of the risk of overdose.

But something tells me that you're referring specifically to actual opium. I know like nothing about it, although I did have it once.

I had had it intentionally mixed once before, but I encountered some bud that was rubbed or coated in opium tar, when I was 16 or 17, totally unintentionally, once lol. Got it by way of one of my mother's friends, woman in her mid-forties and this being about 2002-3. I went to smoke later that night in the dark and the weed was compressed, sticky and hard to deal with as always so I didn't really think anything of it until I took that first hit, gagged and smacked my lips a couple times, wondering what on earth that lavender-sort taste was. A couple minutes later and that Warm Blanket was draped across my soul and it clicked: "Way to go, Wanda!"

Total chance encounter, pure luck, and it would never happen nowadays, lol.

Would you be willing to expand on this? I'm academically curious about poppy tea, and most of the smarties I've talked to actually warn casuals not to make poppy tea because of the risk of overdose.

But something tells me that you're referring specifically to actual opium. I know like nothing about it, although I did have it once.

It isn't all that difficult to accidentally overdose on opium. If you're naive to opiates you can overdose on a pea-sized amount of opium latex taken orally. And I have definitely done so on poppy tea. People tend to compare the impact to IV heroin or morphine when it's a lot more subtle, think they're not getting a big enough hit, and re-dose. Next thing they know they're 'feeling it' a little too much.

I used to hear of opiated hash. It was generally Afghani. I have wondered if it was just an Indica high before people knew what that was.
Or Spoetnik. No THC did what was in there. Zoning out/ Nodding lasting at least 6 hours.. No sleep and no recollection what happened. Just emptyness. like a dreamlesss dream.

Last edited:
I was reading about famous people last century that used drugs ( most where over the counter ) but one president I believe smoked weed dusted with opium .. is that a thing and is it still around ? Anyone experienced it ? Sounds rad.
DAMN IT I'M TRYING TO LOVE ❤️ THIS COMMENT BUT I CAN'T GET TO CHANGE THE EMOJI!!