• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates Question on weed with opium in it

Justadudeondrugs

Bluelighter
I was reading about famous people last century that used drugs ( most where over the counter ) but one president I believe smoked weed dusted with opium .. is that a thing and is it still around ? Anyone experienced it ? Sounds rad.

I used to hear of opiated hash. It was generally Afghani. I have wondered if it was just an Indica high before people knew what that was.

I mean I’ve definitely smoked opium on flower. Most of the “opium” I’ve encountered in my years was the fake stuff but one summer in high school the entire Midwest got covered with cheap plentiful opium. I even found an Erowid report pretty much mimicking my experience.

I recall many warm hazy summer days, I can still see the sunlight shining through the billowing smoke. The taste was definitely good but different from the fake incense ball shit.

I’m pretty sure I came across it once more about 10yrs ago at a festival. Me and my brother met this couple where the girl was kinda coming onto us, at one point the guy says he has opium and I kinda scoff. Soon as he pulled it out and I saw/smelled it I knew. Rest of that night was wonderful, MDMA, MDA, and opium mmmm. The girl hooped for us while we zoned off.

The one thing I look for is the god awful stickiness. Fake opium can be handled rather easily, real stuff wants to stick to everything it touches.

-GC

I mean I’ve definitely smoked opium on flower. Most of the “opium” I’ve encountered in my years was the fake stuff but one summer in high school the entire Midwest got covered with cheap plentiful opium. I even found an Erowid report pretty much mimicking my experience.

I recall many warm hazy summer days, I can still see the sunlight shining through the billowing smoke. The taste was definitely good but different from the fake incense ball shit.

I’m pretty sure I came across it once more about 10yrs ago at a festival. Me and my brother met this couple where the girl was kinda coming onto us, at one point the guy says he has opium and I kinda scoff. Soon as he pulled it out and I saw/smelled it I knew. Rest of that night was wonderful, MDMA, MDA, and opium mmmm. The girl hooped for us while we zoned off.

The one thing I look for is the god awful stickiness. Fake opium can be handled rather easily, real stuff wants to stick to everything it touches.

-GC

Fuck the opium, I want to know what 'hooping' means... 😀

Fuck the opium, I want to know what 'hooping' means... 😀

Hahaha 🤣 nothing too special. It’s a “flow art” folks in the US (primarily women but I’ve seen a couple amazing male hoopers, happened to be gay but I digress lol) do at festivals. Essentially hula hooping on a whole other level.

Hoopers in the festival scene rarely use it like it’s intended purpose, and if they are it’s part of some more elaborate trick. My wife’s style (she’s pretty good) has dancing and a lot of breaks. I happen to live in an area with a lot of amazing flow artists, some of the best in the country. People where you can just sit for hours watching rolling/tripping.

They also make super expensive light up hoops that pretty much take you to another dimension when someone good gets on it.

I personally never got into any flow arts with props, I’m a dancer through and through. Old school raver. I remember a time when only a couple people had gadgets and were damn good with them, now everyone is trying to be that person and it can clutter up a dance floor.

-GC

Lol, this festival wasn't in 2011, was it? Because I distinctly remember real-deal opium being slung at both camp bisco and big up that year. And it sure as shit was the real stuff!

Im actually going to the disco biscuits tmrw night....talk about a throw back lol

The really sticky stuff has been boiled out of the pods along with plant fats and then the water evaporated off it, raw opium from lanced pods isn't that sticky once it drys.
Great to allow either to dry on a nice bit of flower, so plant your cannabis now and harvest it at the end of June, to be soaked into by all that lovely fresh opium that ought to be dripping by then. Cure them both together. Lemon strains I think. Not tried it, just dreaming here while I search for an answer to a question.

Lol, this festival wasn't in 2011, was it? Because I distinctly remember real-deal opium being slung at both camp bisco and big up that year. And it sure as shit was the real stuff!

Im actually going to the disco biscuits tmrw night....talk about a throw back lol

Kinda close, spring 2013. Actually never got to go to bisco and I’m sure it’s long past it’s prime now.. But yea this was a really small festival in Midwest that’s now become rather well known.

Festival season is coming… 3mos til I’m out there again.

-GC

Mmmm yea they had it in the day.
Just pop down to your local drug store buy a bottle of Tim's sleep potion - active ingredient - morphine for a cool 15 cents. Maybe a bottle of coke with cocaine for a penny. Nothing was regulated if your product killed ppl an angry mob would show up at your door.

Kinda close, spring 2013. Actually never got to go to bisco and I’m sure it’s long past it’s prime now.. But yea this was a really small festival in Midwest that’s now become rather well known.

Festival season is coming… 3mos til I’m out there again.

-GC
Bisco moved to Montage Mountain (waterpark/ski mountain in Scranton, pa) for 2015-on. I hit every bisco from 2010-2018. They stopped throwing it 2021.

I miss the good 'ole East Coast Ketamine Conference with special guests The Disco Biscuits.

Bisco moved to Montage Mountain (waterpark/ski mountain in Scranton, pa) for 2015-on. I hit every bisco from 2010-2018. They stopped throwing it 2021.

I miss the good 'ole East Coast Ketamine Conference with special guests The Disco Biscuits.

They stopped?? Why?

-GC

as people have said, opiated hash is just a myth

even if it were to be true (it isn't) it would be useless as opium doesn't 'burn' anythin like hash does, so in a normal pipe/bong/spliff it would be ineffective
I was under the impression both/either can be smoldered in a vape or pipe, just don't set it on fire.

Damn, now you're making me think... at All Good 2011 I got really good liquid from Bisco from camp neighbors. Some other younger kids also camped nearby did buy "opium" but I just assumed it was the fake shit you always see. They offered to smoke with me but I didn't want to smoke incense so I politely declined, didn't say anything about how I thought it was bunk since I didn't want to ruin their good time. Let me find out that was real shit and I passed up my chance to try some lol. Ah well.

In college I had a friend from Syria who always had both hash and opium. We used to smoke "club sandwiches"--- little slabs of hash smeared with opium and layered 3 or 4 tiers. We smoked them on a pin under a glass. Delicious and a great high!

If I'm not mistaken, the original Thai sticks were buds somehow soaked in opium and tied to wooden skewers. I don't think I ever had the real thing though.

Damn, now you're making me think... at All Good 2011 I got really good liquid from Bisco from camp neighbors. Some other younger kids also camped nearby did buy "opium" but I just assumed it was the fake shit you always see. They offered to smoke with me but I didn't want to smoke incense so I politely declined, didn't say anything about how I thought it was bunk since I didn't want to ruin their good time. Let me find out that was real shit and I passed up my chance to try some lol. Ah well.
It might have been. Bisco used to be held @ Indian Lookout in Mariaville, ny......which was/ still is a hells angels property. HA worked security. If an old scraggly biker guy offered you opium that weekend, and you didn't buy it, you REALLY missed the fuck out.

And they stopped throwing bisco because of something contractual I think

I've never seen opium (excluding some friends who grew some back in the day) in the US, and by God I've looked. I've had a lot of people CLAIM to have some, but it's pretty much always incense and / or black tar heroin.

It doesn't make sense to import super niche opium when you can import a much more potent product that's incredibly popular, and much more lucrative.

Unless somebody imported it online for themselves or grew poppies, I would be utterly shocked to see opium for sale on the streets in the US.

I had a friend bring some "opium" he bought over to the house when I was like 13-14, we smoked a bunch and loved it. Looking back, it was obviously heroin. If I was a gambling man, I would gander that 9 out of 10 things being sold as opium in the US, are either heroin, fentanyl, or fake.