• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Question on vyvanse tolerence

Backwardsblue

Greenlighter
Hey, let me start off with this is my first post so I'm sorry if I fucked up with the normal posting practices. To make a long story short I'm wondering how long a my (prescribed) vyvanse tolerence would take to reset to lowest it could go, I'm very lightweight, around 100 pounds, and have an insanely fast metabolism. I've never used it with recreation in mind, or at such a dose with only a few exceptions (under 5) and have been taking 30 recently upped to 40mg since august. I'd only had a few experiences with stimulants outside of caffeine before maybe max 20. And still consume quite a bit of caffeine and nicotine now. Thanks for any insight!

Tough to know but stim tolerances usually take a long time to entirely reset in my experiences. For significant tolerance reduction you're probably looking at about 3 months +. I'd imagine you'd practically reset tolerance after about 1-2 years of no use.

First, this question probably belongs in the stimulants/amphetamines forum, as Vyvanse is a pro-drug, with dextroamphetamine being the active ingredient after digestion.

Are you a fast P450 metabolizer? Even more exactly CYP2D6?

Vyvanse has a very slow onset compared to other stimulant adhd meds, and if you have a very fast metabolism in respect of dexamphetamine (mainly cytochrome CYPD26), your dose seem to be very low. In comparison; I am heavier than you (though weight isn't really an indicator for right dose), I am a VERY POOR metabolizer, and I need about 50 mg Vyvanse per day to stay within the therapeutic window. Also; when meds are working to little (or too high), it is very typical to increase intake of caffeine or nicotine, as they have equal or similar effect on the brain. They are just less effective stimulants, usual with relatively higher side effects compared to beneficial medical effect.

Your question is very open; what would it take for Vyvanse tolerance to reset as low as it could go?

I'm not sure if I understand the question. I do assume that you would like to go back to 30 mg or lower, due to side effects? Weighing 100 pounds is very low for adults, which inclines me to ask you how old you are. I don't ask in a condescending manner, but being 15 years and wanting to taper medication is very different from being 30 and wanting to taper medication (the 30 year old is likely to have used a lot of drugs and gotten a lot more experience in how the body reacts to stimulants, at least on this particular forum). I'm thinking it's perhaps underweight that makes you want to reduce your medication, but I'd rather not jump to that conclusion on my own.

Also, how long did you take Vyvanse at different dosages, and how did you respond to them?

I take it your doctor decided the dose increase, and you are here because you somehow feel the cost/benefit with your medication isn't what you want - the negative side effects are to high compared to what you gain.

I have adhd (hyperactive and inattentive), and I have used prescribed stimulants (Ritalin and Vyvanse), so if you describe your issues a bit more; what is your reason for wanting to taper Vyvanse, and what is it you hope to achieve, I might be able to give you some advice that helps.

Sorry if I'm being difficult, but ADHD patients like you and I can have very different symptoms, and different reasons for needing higher or lower dosages.

In general; after adjusting your Vyvanse dose, it's good to give it 2-4 weeks before deciding if it's working for you. Circumstances (Life) changes, and different events affect our mood and ability to perform, not only the meds alone. And, if you are still in your teens, your body has so much stuff going on that it has to be a part of the equation too. Any 50 year old displaying the mental ups and down as of a teenager would probably be put on some meds. I'm always feeling very relieved every time I remember I don't have to be a teenager again.