• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question on Tapering

triplefives

Greenlighter
I have a bad opiate habit with a pretty high tolerance. I am trying to lower my daily consumption with hopes of kicking it for good. If I were able to take off from work for a week or two I would just go ahead and deal with the pain, but I can't so I need to taper down so I am able to still do what I need to do both physically and mentally. I am not expecting the tapering process to be pain free. I know what to expect; I just want to make sure I'm going about it in the best way.

I currently have 7 bags left. Let's say I don't make another purchase. Would the best tapering method be to take 3 one day, then 2, 1 and 1. Or would it be more beneficial to take 1 a day for 7 days?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Take care.

I would not start high and go low that fast, your 1st option, you'd still be dog shit sick, hey every time I had a good intention to do a taper on dope, I ended up dog shit dope sick sick! If at all possible if you have any will power over them bags..then start small and go smallllller as long as you can with them 7 bags!

Like 1 bag for 2 days then the 3rd bag make that last 2 to 3 days, 4th bag make last 4/5 days so on, that last bag try to make it last 7 days you want to land that plane with no landing gear as intact a plane as possible get me?

Like 1 bag for 2 days then the 3rd bag make that last 2 to 3 days, 4th bag make last 4/5 days so on, that last bag try to make it last 7 days you want to land that plane with no landing gear as intact a plane as possible get me?

I'm glad I went ahead and made this post cause this is good advice. I know this is gonna sound stupid but the thought of making a single bag last multiple days never even crossed my mind. My mind is so trained to empty a bag completely out once it's been opened.

Thank you for the response.