• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants question on staying up using adderall

Jones1431

Greenlighter
i have been abusing my adderall for a couple years now and by that i mean i get 90 20mg a month and go through it in about 10-14 days then crash for a day or so then go about my regular life without jt for a few weeks but everytime i get the new script i take like 4-5 pills and then end up staying up all night that first night and i feel like if i could sleep that first night i could do better about taking so much because it’s a slippery slope of oh i didn’t sleep i need to take more adderall today so i’m not a zombie. anyways my question is how bad is it to not sleep for 36 hours on adderall? i usually stay up all night the first night and then don’t goto sleep til the next night but i do sleep that second night almost always. is it that big of a deal to not sleep for a day in adderall?

i honestly am considering just flushing the pills i just got yesterday cause i am tired of the cycle but i’m an addict and i can never go through with it. every month i tell myself i’m not gonna pick it up this month but i always fucking do.

i honestly am considering just flushing the pills i just got yesterday cause i am tired of the cycle but i’m an addict and i can never go through with it. every month i tell myself i’m not gonna pick it up this month but i always fucking do.
Might be the best solution if you are powerless over your use...tell your doctor, too, when you're in your enlightened state of mind.

This will start to catch up with you if it hasn't already. I do basically the same thing, sometimes I can control my doses but on the first day upon obtaining my script I always end up taking too much and staying up all night. I feel adderall helps me a lot in general when taken as prescribed but most the time I can't help myself.

The best thing you can do is to stop filling the scripts at the very least, but depending on how out of control you feel you may want to just tear up the scripts and cancel your next doctor appointment.

If you feel you need to stop taking it, then simply stop filling them.

Do you need them legitimately? If so, your first step should be to simply take them as prescribed. When you overdo it like that it really taxes your brain. Get an app on your phone to track your use, only take one at a time, the same times every day. This will eliminate the cycle of binging and crashing.

But, if you only have them solely to abuse them, and it's fucking up your life, just stop filling them, or go to a rehab/detox if you feel the need.

Yeah, just being real here, too drunk to do math but you are taking about ~140-180mg of adderall per day for 10-14 days in a row?

There's no way to sugar coat that, it's very hard and clear abuse and a major red flag for future issues.

anyways my question is how bad is it to not sleep for 36 hours on adderall?
It's not a huge deal... unless you keep doing it, repeatedly. Sleep deprivation is no joke and is one of the worst things you can do for your body.

You can't "regain" lost sleep. It's acute damage. Over time, this pattern will lead to chronic sleep deprivation which includes everything from hallucinations and psychosis to depression, anxiety, everything. It really fucks you up (in the long term). One of the main factors in a complete psychotic break I had was chronic sleep deprivation.

I personally never had a hard time reasonably controlling my adderall use, 40-60mg was my preferred dose, I never liked taking more than that, and I have a very hard time stopping myself from abusing almost all drugs.

At least you are aware of your situation, that's a good thing. It sounds like you are listening to your inner thoughts. Keep listening.