• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question on pain meds

H

Hurting55

What is the difference between morphine sulfate and Hysinglam? I sm on Hysingla ER 40MG but it makes me sick nausea and server headaches but I was on morphine sulfate 100 mgs twice a day and had no problems with it or no side affects like the Hysingla. Not sure why they switched me but I want the morphine solfate back it relieveed my pain so much better to snd I could do a lot more on the morphine solfate. I have Arachnoiditis in my lower spine. Thanks. :)

the difference is the active ingredient in hysingla ER for it is hydrocodone.

they both have a histamine release cos of the byproducts it creates but everyone metabolizes things differently.

tell your doctor about these side effects of try taking an antihistamine like benadryl to help w the histamine release :)

anonymous ----> BDD

I usually take one OTC Allegra (180 mg) a few hours before which helps some with the histamine-related problems without making you drowsy. Some people metabolize morphine faster than others, if you are a fast metabolizer then it's possible the 40 mg hydro is actually giving you more of the drug than the morph sulfate. Although personally I have seemed to notice worse side effects with morphine than the semi-synthetics like hydro or oxy (at the equivalent dose).