• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question on buprenorphine patch doses

meds15

Greenlighter
Hi there, thanks for allowing me onto the forum, have been a reader for a while but this is first time ive registered to post a question. I have buprenorphine patches on prescriptions, 15mcg/hour dose, one patch lasts a week. If I add another patch of the same dose would this be too high or would I get any kind of 'buzz' of it. Im not sure with a patch being a certain dose released per hour how it works. I also take several other meds which I can add if it makes any difference.
Apologies if ive posted anything wrong. just let me know, same if need more info. If it makes a difference I started on the 5mcg/hour patch, then the 10mcg/hour then this summer it was increased to 15mcg/hour

Thank you

Welcome to Bluelight :)
As this seems to be a dosage question I'll move the thread to the subforum Basic Drug Discussion
OD -> BDD

Anyone any thoughts? I do need better pain relief and dont know if an extra patch would be too much or whether it might actually help me get through this non festive period.

It would probably just make you feel sick. You can try it, if it does make you feel sick you could take the newer patch off, and place it onto aluminium foil to keep it ok. Make sure that you don't break the blister of the patch, though.