Mental Health question on antipsychotics and non stimulant weight control meds

lonelyDude

Bluelighter
I once looked up this med and for the life of me I can not remember it.

I was on amitriptyline at the time and gaining weight.

it is a non stimulant though it must be prescribed.

if any of you guys/girls are on something like seroquel or prescribe it and have been given or prescribe a weight control tablet

can you please give me some advice :)

thanx.

ps it all goes to there doc first so im not taking advice as such just asking for leads for a medical professional.

I know it exists I found it once :)

I am going to put what they are and a write up of there use here with a few links as the person involved can then check them easily.

Bupropion

Welburtin an antidepressent that is not associated with weight gain (not sure if it stops other meds causing it though)

Phentermine
A diet pill that can not be taken with SSRI's or MAOI's
not to be taken for more than 12 weeks

Provigil
a wakefullness drug
again normally prescribed for 12 weeks or less
a page on weight loss using this compount

Nuvigil
another wakefullness drug of the same family as Provigil (modanifinil)
simular effects as Provigil from what I can tell

Abilify
an antipsychotic
here is the a study on it being used for weight loss
you will need to be a med professional to access some of it.

Abilify and Weight loss - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data​

I shall keep up the search and post what I find here if anyone else can add to this that would be great.

Last edited:
and I found it :)

Metformin

it is also part of the anti ageing set developed by david sinclair of MIT and Harvard

I think this one is best used if your doctor is taking blood samples and checking them over time.
but david has used it for years as does the rest of his family

Last edited:
Abilify made me ballon up to 225lbs. Fuck that shit. I lost it all by switching to Latuda
Please remember that we are all different and each of us has unique side effects to these meds, if any at all.

I've been on the max dose of Abilfiy 30mgs for over a decade. The only time I gained weight was when I was eating ice cream before bed every night and getting zero exercise. As soon as I quit ice cream and started martial arts, I lost 40 lbs. Other than that, my weight has been stable on Abilify.

In fact I would venture to say that I have had virtually no side effects at all from Abilify. But like I said, we all react differently to these medications.