Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Question on 1,3-dmma

perthboy

Bluelighter
Recently I just got keen on working out again and I was looking up the different supplements and whatnot is availiable.

I read about this 1,3-dmma stuff which seems like a big energy booster and all and sounded alright, but the auction site I use didn't have any of it listed, and lots of the sites and forum postings seem old.

This makes me wonder has it become a banned substance recently or is it fine to import, or even buy in stores in Australia?

If anyone has any knowledge on this don't hesitate to let me know :)

DMAA is still available in some otc products afaik. Check out your local head shop. Be aware that it's use is not without risk. It shouldn't be mixed with alcohol and care should be exercised if mixing with other stimulants.

It's commonly listed as "Geranimine Extract" on OTC products... It's shit, no one with a brain would waste their time.

Isn't this what was in a lot of those "Party Pills" that used to grace the shelves of head shops?

Isn't this what was in a lot of those "Party Pills" that used to grace the shelves of head shops?

Yes. Horrible stuff by all account I've heard. Surely there is a better stimulant for the job?

Yeh it's in several readily-available pre-workout energy & weightloss products. Not sure if I can name brands or products? Just hit up a supplements store. Of course it's hideously expensive in these supps compared to when bought in bulk powder.

I've gone through quite a bit in powder form and other supplements. It's nothing special, has zero recreational value, but is a stimulant & when combined with caffeine is say on par with popular energy drinks. It has some side effects though.

Just thought it was worth noting that a heap of athletes have been caught out recently (you've probably heard about it in the media: "AUSTRALIAN ATHLETES FAIL DOPING TESTS!!!! ZOMG!!!1!!") and it's been due to 1,3-DMAA which is in a lot of both pre-workout and weight loss supplements,

Definitely worth keeping in mind if you're a professional athlete :)

See: http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/W...hibited-list/WADA_Prohibited_List_2010_EN.pdf

(listed as Methylhexaneamine)

Edit: Link to related news story: http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2010/s3046405.htm

Last edited:
Think i heard it had been banned as of late, Depends on what u are using it for. If u want incredible energy/ pumps / strength boosts i highy recommend white flood. Its the best shit out there. Cant believe its still legal. Feels like a mild dose of speed to me. Its insane!!! and u guys know me i hate legal shit but it dos work.

DMAA works in small ammounts but when I had some it was good for about a hour then it wrote me off for about another 24hrs, violently ill. never againlol

Search [snip] you can get it for $[snip] a tub... Good for the gym and fine too mix with alcohol we do it all the time before festivals

Last edited by a moderator:
Search [snip] you can get it for $[snip] a tub... Good for the gym and fine too mix with alcohol we do it all the time before festivals

That is horrible advice too. DMAA should not be mixed with alcohol at all.

^ Yeh I'll agree with Sameria here. It's a stimulant, commonly causes increased sweating & dehydration, and from what I've observed quite a bit of nausea when combined with alcohol. Can also cause irregular heartbeats, flushing, headaches etc etc etc. Given that it's the summer festival season coming up I would not recommend anyone take it along with any other stimulants and/or alcohol and then hit the dance floor! Recipe for disaster in my opinion.

Wow you guys edited my post on a completely legal supplement... Sadddddd. Why didnt you guys edit sustaNons post above me for mentioning "white flood" its the same as "jack3d" except jack3d is stronger

Wow you guys edited my post on a completely legal supplement... Sadddddd. Why didnt you guys edit sustaNons post above me for mentioning "white flood" its the same as "jack3d" except jack3d is stronger

U prob mentioned prices and or sources which is a big no no here. Btw jacked doesnt compare to white flood.

Pseudoephedrine would be a better choice, I've found DMAA to have exactly the same effects but much weaker, without the occasional euphoric feeling.
Never had any problem mixing it with alcohol.

Your contributions are appreciated, so please don't take this personally weallmissmdma.

We don't allow prices, or sources for all things, except some HR items. You may mention a brand/product, but we don't allow links or names of sources, legit or otherwise. Sustanon's post mentioned a brand/product but not where to buy it. Sure googling would find a source, but we don't want to make this place somewhere to come to find a source. There are many reasons for this. I suggest you read our forum guidelines, the newer amendments and the BLUA :)

I would like to add from a HR persepctive that if anyone was to expirement with DMAA that they would be better off using the pure powder and a milligram scale so they can dose accurately.

The problem with the branded supplements and the 'party pills' is that you don't know how much DMAA you're actually dosing (not to mention the other garbage they pack in there), therefore the safest way wold be to find a reliable source for the powder and gradually work up your dosage from 1mg until you either find a comfortable dose or decide it's horrible and not for you!

I'm sure Psilo and no doubt many others can provide testimony to the amount of people that seek medical attention after combining DMAA and alcohol. It's not a nice combo by any means. There is far more rewarding combinations that don't make you feel wreck your body as much.