• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Question for IV’ers

Readyforchange1111

Bluelighter
Hi I’ve seen some really knowledgeable people on here talkin about their IV experience, so thought rather than google id just pop on here as google is sayin I’m gona lose my arm 🙄😂

I’m not a IV drug user but I do have a question about an IV issue. I had an infusion on weds and the nurse put the cannula in for infusion after taking some blood. It was SO PAINFUL!! Don’t even know how she got blood out I swear she missed, I’m used to blood tests etc I’m not talkin about the needle, the infusion itself hurt so bad I did say somethin! but she taped it down really tight and it wouldnt go through, only when I put pressure on where the cannula went in, she told me to hold my finger there lol very professional! Anyway I had a dental procedure and all I could feel was pain in my arm the whole time, Looked down after and above the injection site my arm was FAT! Swollen! It’s gone down a bit now and there’s no bruising strangely but it feels really badly bruised and I keep getting really quite severe shooting pains in my elbow and arm there, mostly in my elbow the shooting pains take my breath away. What do u think happened? And can I do anything at home to ease or fix this? It feels like it’s still in there 2 days later 😩 (it was a vitamin C infusion btw I’m sure that makes a difference)

sorry for how boring this is but it’s really fkin sore! 😩

Not much home remedies for that I'm afraid. Have you tried ice?