• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Question for a first time user

MDMA causes a MASSIVE surge in cortisol, the stress hormone. Like 8 times the normal level.
This could be interpreted as a defense-mechanism by the brain - because cortisol speeds up the breakdown of serotonin.
Excess serotonin is known to be toxic to the transporter, a protein that removes it from the synapse.

Yes, anxiety is VERY common during the comeup, esp. for new users.
Panic attacks are not common.

Long-term heavy users of cannabis may have a greater susceptibility to 'brain damage' or clinically significant symptoms from MDMA use. If you have been a regular smoker for a long time, you need to consider this carefully.

Cannabis increases the likelihood of developing mental illness in those with a predisposition.
If you really suffer emotionally from smoking, you should consider this carefully as well.

If your 'molly' tests clean - and testing is VERY important - the most critical factor is dosage.
I'm glad you already seem to understand this.

Whether it is human users that experience problems, or lab animals that are purposefully given toxic doses...
The dosage is ALWAYS a BIG factor.

I am far from an MDMA proponent - but I have seen VERY few stories of people being really hurt by single doses.
Nearly EVERY bad story I have ever read involved taking doses in excess of 300mg or re-dosing later on.
Re-dosing is MUCH more dangerous, because the brain's supply of serotonin has been exhausted.
Also, the cortisol response is not the same - and this is a lowering of the defenses.

Test your stuff.
Take less than 200mg.
Do NOT redose, no matter what your friends or other BLers say.

For the people that do have bad reactions to MDMA, here is the standard treatment at the hospital.
The first step is to lower the body temperature.
Other than controlling your dose, this is the most effective strategy for coping with a bad reaction.
By lowering core body temperature, the 'toxicity' to the serotonin nerves is reduced.

While you should expect some anxiety for sure, true panic and 'fear of death' can be a sign of serotonin syndrome - a sometimes fatal complication of MDMA use. This normally involves severe tachycardia and chest-pain.

Removing clothing and applying ice water to head/face/neck is very effective for most people.
It is unpleasant, but after a few minutes it really helps them regain control.

If tremors or seizures are present, a benzodiazapene is usually given.
If you can acquire a xanax or klonopin, it wouldn't hurt to have it ready.

These two techniques - lowering body temp and giving a benzo - are the first line of defense in a hospital setting.
Removing the patient to a dark, quiet environment (free of stimuli) is also common.

The next approach is to support the kidney's ability to remove WATER from the bloodstream.
Hyponatremia is a very dangerous symptom of MDMA use - but even regular use of the drug involves anti-diuretic hormone.
As the water/electrolyte balance is thrown off, pressure can build around the brain.
This process normally takes some time to manifest - so intervention is possible.

You should be sipping gatorade, not drinking water - as this improves kidney function and blood electrolyte balance.
There is only ONE other option for treating acute reactions to MDMA - a serotonin antagonist.
But you will not be able to gain access.

I strongly suspect that Piracetam, taken in advance, supports the brain's ability to distribute and metabolize serotonin.
But again - controlling your dose of MDMA is the single most important factor you can control.
Do that, and your 'cortisol' response should be within expected limits.

And take it easy on your gut for several days prior to the concert.
Serotonin is primarily used to contract the smooth muscle around the intestines, so try eating healthy for a few days.
And make sure you eat a decent meal on the day of - nothing like an empty stomach to make rolling WAY more intense.

for sure test it if possible, molly is easily faked

some people have bad reactions to MDMA and weed, but these are people that dont smoke everyday

if you do it everyday youll be fine, like normal. If its an every once in a while thing then smoking may make things too intense for you

I cant roll properly without weed personally

im the exact same, i cannot roll unless i have some smoke to go with it, i find that when u start feeling the "come down" if u smoke a joint it brings u up again. also if u have a bit of a shitty pill and the come down is harsh the next day then puff will keep u level headed rather than spaced out lol

Recently, I've been getting weird panic attack episodes after I smoke pot.

That anxiety, which most likely from a chain of negative thoughts when you were high?, is the start of long painful road to the boring side of weed. Stop smoking weed for a while man, don't get used to the anxiety cause it just isn't fun after that.

Have fun first time rolling, no doubt it will be the best time.

I've taken rolls with meth in them before and felt super nauseous, but never threw up. That is, until recently. I made the stupid mistake of popping one on a completely empty stomach and chugging an energy drink. Yeah, I don't care how hardcore you think you are, that will ruin your night.

Make sure you eat something earlier. DO NOT eat fast food. I drank and smoked after eating Burger King, and my vomit was so awful, I actually refused to puke, even though I knew I had alcohol poisoning, because it was THAT BAD. I doubt you will vomit, but if you do, don't torture yourself. Eat fresh fruits, veggies, some pasta...stuff that won't taste bad the second time around.

The only foreseeable problem with taking an antacid before rolling is that it will delay the rolling. The come-up might be longer--which in your case, would really suck. But don't take my word for it, I don't know anything about the chemistry of MDMA and stomach acids.

Also, don't chug water after you take it. Drink enough water to get it down, then only drink water if you feel thirsty. If you get cottonmouth, just let the water sit in your mouth and spit it out. This I think had a huge part in why I threw up last time. I drank about 16 oz of water in 20 minutes...my stomach felt sloshy.

Of course, if you're going to be active and you FEEL like you need water, then drink away. But don't be like me and take a sip of water every time you feel a bit anxious. You'll end up chugging that shit and puking everywhere.

Also, if you worry at all...you're going to feel anxious. The come-up can be a little daunting. Like, "holy shit, I was fine two seconds ago and now I feel completely different and it's scary and oh god I'm going to die", but once you get used to it after about 5 minutes, you'll realize you're okay.

Just find a friend who either is experienced in drugs, or someone who will be your sober buddy. Once you start to freak out, punch him in the arm and tell him to distract you.

Oh and just a thought...but would bringing a little sick baggie be weird? I mean, if you're in a huge crowd and you don't want to make people suffer through stepping on your vomit, you get sick in the baggie, then find a barrel when you're done. COURTEOUS AND ECO-FRIENDLY.