• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question - Flexeril and Tylenol 3

rocksrlife

Greenlighter
I have recently done some major damage to my upper back and neck. I went to an urgent care and she prescribed me both flexeril and Tylenol 3 and then recommended I go see a chiropractor. Im still waiting to go see a chiropractor. But my question is does anybody have any recommendations on the best way to take these two medicines to help best alleviate pain and improve my daily functioning? Can I take them together? Or is best to take them at different times? The Tylenol 3 works the best but I don't have enough to last me very long, so I'm hoping some combination of the two can help extend my supply. The doc was not very specific on how to take these. Thanks for any input.

Welcome to Bluelight. :) Generally speaking, these meds can be taken together. Don't plan on driving anywhere because either can cause drowsiness and combining them will intensify that effect. I had a doctor prescribe Flexeril and said to only take at night but I didn't care for the side effects. For the Tylenol 3, you can probably take every six hours. Follow the instructions on your medicine bottles for specifics.