View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question: Extreme sedation with lucid thinking after Ketamine

s3lfless

Greenlighter
(I've tried searching for this several ways and so far I haven't found anything that even remotely matches what happened to me yesterday. Anxious about making a fool of myself here.)
History/maybe helpful info: Including yesterday's trip I've done Ketamine 4 times in total, all within the span of a little over a month. The Ketamine I have is all from the same source/purchase and the first three trips were all really great. I take it nasally but I couldn't even begin to estimate how much I took or have taken in the past in terms of mg-- I've never come close to a K-Hole as far as I know, and apart from yesterday, I've never really had trouble moving after taking it. I'm on a variety of medications (Lamictal, Lexapro, Abilify) and recently I've started to take Vyvanse in place of Adderall as prescribed by my doctor but I tend to use both at the same time. My first time on Ketamine I may not have been on Vyvanse yet but I'm not sure, I definitely was taking Vyvanse the last time I did K though and it was fine. There is a chance I was decently dehydrated yesterday but it's hard to say.

Yesterday after I snorted an amount of Ketamine roughly equal to the 'normal' amount I've been taking, I found myself getting really high, really fast. At first it was a little fun but less so than usual-- my mind didn't seem to be doing much of anything interesting however every part of my body, especially my eyelids, started to feel extremely heavy. Despite not having had anything to eat for hours, I felt decently nauseous too, and ended up spending a long time just lying on the floor (sitting up was impossible). Overall I just did not feel 'good' but more like I had the flu or something. At the same time, my thoughts remained really lucid, boringly so, and it's kind of astonishing that I didn't have a panic attack over the fact that I couldn't really move. Eventually I managed to get in bed but I didn't sleep and instead just sort of contemplated how bored I was and how I wished I didn't feel so leaden. I don't know how long this state lasted, I'd estimate roughly 4-5 hours but I regained movement after about 2 hours, with the final 2-3 just feeling tired and weak.

This will sound ridiculous but the only things I can think of that might have altered my experience into a boring, unpleasant one are how I took the Ketamine. Usually I do it off of a piece of paper on my desk after cutting a line or two with a credit card. I did it off of a piece of paper with text on the back in my bathroom yesterday and had recently cleaned. I also used a scalpel to cut the lines because the card I was using seemed to have some sort of static thing going on with it where the K would stick to it. (For what it's worth that worked rather poorly too.)

Sounds very possible and altogether likely that what you took wasn't ketamine, the duration of action was far too long.
We aren't allowed to speculate on what exactly drug you took but I will tell you that there are numerous other dissociatives other than ketamine available as research chems or as alternatives to ketamine in veterinary medicine whose effects and overall duration might better match the description of your experience, especially since ketamine is one of the least potent dissociatives so if it one of these other chemicals it could also explain why you had such a strong experience from what would have been a small - medium dose of ketamine.

Wow, that's surprising because the first three times all sounded very much like Ketamine from what I've read and weren't like the last at all. I'd honestly never considered that since what I have is all from one purchase and the first few times were so good and also much shorter. Thank you for your input, I'll do some research.

How long did it last the previous times?

I'd say that kind of state is pretty much textbook ketamine. The degree to which ketamine can hit you physically or mentally can vary significantly with the same dose/batch.

ketamine doesn't last five hours, but the residual effects can. Sometimes if you have a kind of really mongy ketamine experience it can take a good while to pull yourself round.

If I was to have a decent line of ketamine then I'd say the peak would last about 30 minutes or so, gradually wearing off over the course of the next 30-60, with residual effects continuing after that.

It's possible that you experienced time dialation or miscalculated the time somewhat, and it's also possible that you took something else, but either way, I'd say this is fairly typical of ketamine. This is why it's renowned for being "mongy". I've spent many a ketamine experience with my mind fairly intact but my body completely out of synch, trying to pull myself round and mumbling and stumbling about.

I know just the feeling!

Sometimes a ketamine high just messes you up, its like you get a glitch in the mind to body connection and then it takes a few hours to clear.

I usually get this when i fail to hydrate or if i do multiple holes in a row without "reseting" myself by either taking a walk and drink some juice or a protein shake.