• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question concerning ice(meth) affecting the body

SilverDust17

Greenlighter
Hi I'm SilverDust.... and I have a serious question to ask... and like I've already went to the doctor about it.... but has anyone and I mean anyone.... experience having an infection in both of their eyes? Cuz my doctor said that it could be staff.... but see I have been doing fine.... like this all started happenin on Christmas eve.... and like the night before Christmas eve I had smoked some ice.... and stayed up so on Christmas eve I was super tired and could bearly function at work.... so I started to rub my eyes.. cuz sometimes if I rub them... the sleepiness goes away for me.... but then wen I got home from work... I had hit the pipe again n started picking at my eyes again.... cuz then I was bothered by the eye boogers being in my eyes.... now on Christmas day wen I finally woke up... I could bearly open my eyes..... not bc of the sleep sand gluing my eyes together... but bc of how swollen they were..... even my eyeballs itself was swollen to the max.... so I went to the doctor yesterday n she thinks its staff..... cuz I did have staff in my hands a few weeks ago.... but I also know I have been doing ice too..... which could be what's affecting it also.... cuz I'm still doing it... shit I'm hitting the pipe as we speak.. but its just cause I'm a little freaked out with what is causing my eyes to do this.... but If y'all know please let me know.... and if yall have any other weird symptoms with doing ice..... definitely let me know on that as well.... so I know what to look for if I continue on with this drug..... Thanks for listening and I'm looking forward all of u guys replying....

Yes, it's entirely possible that you gave yourself an eye infection, probably started from you vigorously rubbing your unwashed hands in your eyes repeatedly. Being on meth will also lower your immune system and stress your body making you more susceptible to this kind of stuff.

You should leave the meth for a few days, and keep your hands out of your eyes. If your doctor gave you antibiotic eye drops, use them as directed. Wash your hands often and frequently, with soap and warm water. Maybe wear some glasses or goggles to stop yourself from picking your eyes? You basically want to do everything in your power to stop the infection from getting any worse and let it heal on its own. It won't get better any other way.

The problem with meth use is it causes people to do various repetitive motions as a side effect, and these can include picking or scratching or rubbing yourself to the point of serious damage - partially because the actions are subconcious and you don't realize you're doing it, and partly because you can have a decreased sense of pain on higher doses of meth. If you take a lot of meth you may end up rubbing your eyes and not even notice, and that will only make your situation worse.

Don't put any sort of lotions or creams near your eyes either, you don't want to get those in your eyes or they can sting a lot.

Last edited: