• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question bout Amphetamines

psychonautcasper

Greenlighter
So we all know how meth heads are and their crazy paranoia moments. I was sorta bingeing on adderall because I had a lot of work to do and just couldnt do it all in one adderall dose. i took my 3rd dose which was ~16 hours on adderall already. Also I dab (concentrated marijuana) periodically when im on adderall. theres a fixed system about adderall and weed for me. Sounds counterproductive i know.

So when i took my like 8th dab i got super paranoid about the smell. Insanely paranoid. I played a scenerio about what if the cops came cuz they got a report about marijuana smell (live in townhome). A full proof plan of where to hide and wait till they leave then i can go back to my living room doing my shit. Literally spent 20 minutes worrying.
Then I stopped myself and was like "woah man you've been tweaking for a while, its the drugs making you paranoid." so that got rid of my in the moment paranoia.

I had still the paranoid thoughts though i couldnt let them go. Then i started thinking. Why is it on adderall (or any amphetamine binge) you just get super negative thoughts. Like hearing any knock on the door after some amphetamine bingeing, 99% of those people would assume the cops or some shit are at their door. Like we correlate these sceneories with cops. A typical knock on the door would make you think cops automattically but reality is its the dam neighbors kid asking to get the ball that went over their fence and into your backyard. Like why is it that you automatically go to the negative side train of thought? Is there possibility a postive side if theres such a negative side?

I loved your questions although I have no answer haha but I could guess that with uppers your body responds like it does to adrenaline (increased heart rate, heightened senses, etc.) so perhaps the subconscious mind thinks "fight or flight" which is a negative situation so it responds with negative thought processes. And with downers the body relaxes so the mind thinks there are no dangers. Like "I'm in pain but I'm ok with that because the world is a shiny happy place". Why negative thoughts tend to mean cops or people out to get you is curious though. I blame tv and social conditioning for that one.