Question about the BLUA

Eveleivibe

Ex-Bluelighter
Hiya :)

I'm in the process of re-readind the BLUA since I've not read since registeating (2 years ago) n wondering if I could clarifying the definition of one of the clauses (if that's OK?)

"1. Bluelight reserves the right to take action to restrict or terminate your access to Bluelight at any time for any reason."

My question is how does BL define n differentiate "restrict" n "terminate?" For instance, does BL define 'restrict' as permaban while 'terminate' as deletion of account - or 'restrict' as an infraction / 'temporary ban while 'terminate' as a permaban?
Or is restriction of access being banned from certain areas of BL for instance if a staff member was demoted n thus no longer had access to staff forums?
Or does BL define both 'restrict' n 'terminate' in a similar context?

I'm just curious as to how BL interprets the two seems as semantics can be different for different people n it's something I'd like to clarify for myself.

Thank you for your time <3

Evey

I'm guessing usually restrict means temporary ban while terminate means permanent ban.

^ yep. restrict would generally refer to a temporary ban and termination would be a permanent ban.

alasdair

Bluelight does not delete accounts. If you get permabanned your history, your posts, your pictures etc are still on the site.