• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Question about Suboxone/Heroin and Precipitated Withdrawal

JaxxBlaze

Greenlighter
Not sure if this is the right place for this, so sorry if it it's not. Longtime lurker, first time poster here. Tried the search option, but couldnt find any experiences related to this scenario. Sorry if this is sortve long, but I'd like to provide a little back story.
I've been on Suboxone since about 2015. Except for a relapse after I was kicked off a new program, due to switching programs after 2 years as they were only a 2 year program, and the new one wanted me to return to weekly visits and groups after being monthly for 2 years and I couldn't manage that with work and transportation issues. So in sub withdrawal I got back on the heroin for a few months and losing my job in the process. So jobless, I was able to start a new program and have been on it steadily since March until about 7 days ago when the itch flared up and have been using again.
My question is, after being on Suboxone for all this time(Im prescribed 12mg but my dose depends on how I feel and it's usually anywhere from 8-12mg a day)and only relapsing for about a week, should I worry about bad Precipated Withdrawal or should it mostly still be on my receptors? I took my last dose(of heroin) about 6pm(its now 2am) and it barely did anything for me feeling like crap and unfortunately I have stuff to do tomorrow that I cant be worrying about withdrawaling, regular or precipated at that. Obviously, this is my own fault, and I willingly accept the consequences. Hopefully if anyone has any experience with this they can elaborate. Thank you.

From my experience, the heroin and/or whatever other opiate/opioid that’s on someone’s receptors and in their system, should be off of their receptors completely to where they’re able to ingest the bupe without being thrown into precipitated at around 12-24 hours post last ingestion.

I’ve never had issues with taking bupe between 12-24hrs after my last shot of H. I’ve even taken it as soon as 8-10 hours after my last shot and I wasn’t thrown into precipitated withdrawals

Thanks for your response, but I tend to be somewhat different in that regard, although I've only experienced full on Precipated Withdrawal twice, it was enough for me to never want to experience again lol. I will hopefully be able to sleep and put some more time since my last use. I have just never went from Sub to H back to Sub this quickly, it usually turns into a full blown relapse and I'm trying to nip that in the bud. I was just wondering if I should even worry about full blown precipitated withdrawals being that it essentially should still be on my receptors due to it's long half life. I guess I'll do my best to wait it out as long as I can before I take a dose to be sure.

Skimming over a 185pg PDF file and a few other websites, this is what I’ve managed to find. I attached 2 documents to this comment.

I’d definitely look into this test that it mentions and I would be taking it on a 12 hour basis if I was you, to ensure being able to ingest the buprenorphine!

Good luck brother and I hope that everything gets worked out for you

Attachments

• E3534A8C-1E1C-48F0-876A-887468A16F61.jpeg
    E3534A8C-1E1C-48F0-876A-887468A16F61.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DE1E49D3-21F0-4DE0-BFDD-19B931F7711D.jpeg
    DE1E49D3-21F0-4DE0-BFDD-19B931F7711D.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 12