• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question about storage of LSD vial for 1 year at 70 degrees F.

kakashisan

Greenlighter
Hi guys I apologize if i just missed the answer on here but I have 2 questions. most pressing is the LSD one.

I bought a vial of acid about 10 months ago, 100 hits. It is white and 125ug per hit so 12.5mg total in the bottle. I'm assuming it's just dissolved in alcohol and it looks like no evaporation occurred and it appears it's still fully dissolved and has stayed that way. I put it in my safe deposit box and forgot about it. So it's a air-tight vial (not vacuum sealed), and it's been at a constant roughly 70 degrees F for 10 months. Should I expect heavy degradation?

also if you know, how long should DMT crystals last at the same room temp? I extracted some from the common lye/acetone/freezer tec about 2 years ago and it was great stuff but it did have a slight yellowish hue (not much, I was really pleased with the product very good experience on it). Anyways it turned to a gooey yellowish-brown gunk in the baggie I had it in at room temp less than a year later. I'm too lazy to try and find more mimosa and spend all day extracting it again so I'm just gonna buy some lab made ultra-pure stuff, i've never had any DMT that wasn't at least sligtly yellow, i've heard that the yellow impurities can give it a more vivid experience. I guess I'l find out.

Thanks
The Copy ninja

LSD lasts a long time when it's dry but it's less stable in solution. It will probably be a little less potent but the safe thing to do is to assume it's fully potent when you take it again. I've seen stories about people taking excessive doses of psychedelics because they wrongly assumed it was degraded.

Freebase DMT will react with air to form DMT-N-oxide. Mine has always gone from white crystals to yellow-orange goo after a few months. It still seems pretty potent even when it starts turning to goo but it's hard to work with. Some people say that DMT-N-oxide will turn back into DMT when you vaporize it but I don't know if it's been proven.

I can confirm successful storage of liquid LSD for 3+ years without potency loss in an alcohol solution. This is in a refrigerated environment however.

If it's good after 3 years in the fridge it should be fine after a year at room temp assuming it hasn't been exposed to light IMO which it shouldn't have if it's been in a safe deposit box. I would assume little to no degradation and go from there. As long as it hasn't been exposed to heat(above comfortable room temp) light, or excessive air it really doesn't degrade very much.