View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question about some RC Tryptamines and Glycol

#Intothemdrugs

Greenlighter
I have a vaporizer pen that takes propylene glycol and glycerol (50% each) along with nicotine in it, and was wondering if some tryptamines were able to be vaporized in it. The main ones I was wondering about are 4 aco dmt, 4 aco met, and DPT. So would it be possible? and if so, what is the max E liquid I would need? All i have are the HCLs, would i need to freebase it to vaporize in this way? I have the Kanger Evod pen, and unfortunately it does not give the burning temp. If the Glycol vaperizes, does it matter if the trypts do too? Thanks for all answers in advance.

I would say a marijuana vaporizer pen for extracts would be much simpler.
The ones with the coil like the one shown and you could simply dissolve in propylene glycol and drip on to the coil.
A drip tip mod for your pen would also work for this.
I have no idea if it will work but as long as they are soluble in propylene glycol then you can at least test it out

drdabberNEWSLIDE4.jpg

Last edited:
onto the coil?

yes if pure and the exact right vape temp is achieved that should be lovely but under less than ideal conditions I could see crap collecting on the coil..? I'd always use a carrier / small grill / drain type thingy in between to catch that crapping stuff. Let air of the right temp do the vaping.

Gross who wants to burn thier wick go with the atmos
vp-atmostjewel-8-watermark-600x400.jpg

Experience is the best teacher...waxy oils (free bases) will be a good fit. When you power the coil, your "item"s viscosity approaches zero as it begins to vaporize. Keep it pointed down, and don't be afraid to throttle the power... You can taste when it's right and when it isnt

Soli imperfect vaporization leaves crud on he coil this is easily cleanedd with hot ISO, but what is worse is when the coil runs dry and you can taste the gross metal flavor. Just like seasoning a frying pan...keep your coil coated

I've recently repurposed a cosmetically broken "hot nail" style dab pipe into a tryptamine cooker and have never looked back.

Last edited:
Right Now I have 4 aco dmT HCl and dpt HCl and was wondering if I could put those in my pen because unfortunately mine only does the eliquid. It sounds as if I need to convert to freebase and try it, which I will when I get the stuff for my dpt. Do u suggest getting a pen that can handle wax as well, like that atmos pen that can do all 3?

Ones with a tank have the liquid filtered through a coil and you need to put a minimum amount of liquid before it even reaches the coil.
As I said, either a drip tip mod or a marijuana extract vaporizer would be best.

.:Holy::Toast:. what you mean to say by drip tip mod is a dripper, rda, or rebuildable dripping atomizer. A drip tip, technically, is the mouthpiece for an e-cig/vaporizer! Just thought I'd chime in since I'm into e-cigs so we can get some vocab cohesion going :)

5-meo-dalt salt seemed to dissolve well in pg/vg & work, but you might want a low or no nicotine liquid for it. It could make my heart race a bit, although I only tried it combined with 5f-akb48 & nicotine, which wasn't clever at all, lucky I didn't have a seizure. I want to try it with just 5-meo-dalt in pg & no nicotine. hcl salts should maybe dissolve easier & they can still be vaped.

Anyway, yes it works, but probably a bad idea combined with nicotine & certainly a really bad idea with cannabinoids in the mix too. It could work nicely in just plain pg though. Just dissolve enough for a small vaped dose per 0.1ml.

Last edited:
I'd be worried about inconsistent dosing.
Especially if mixed with nicotine - if I got a hit of Metocin/DALT/AKB48 every time I needed a nicotine fix, I'd be in a bad way.

You need separate cartridges, one for your nicotine & one for your drugs. Vaped 5-meo-dalt makes my heart race as it is, with 5f-akb48 & nicotine it was a heart attack or stroke waiting to happen. Dosing seems quite consistent as long as it's dissolved well, maybe easier to get consistent doses than other vaping/smoking methods for small amounts of potent trypts, work out 0.1ml as a light dose so it'll take 10 or 20 puffs to get a good dose.

I've considered the idea on many occasions, but for most things it really doesn't seem worth the effort.

I was thinking more dpt than anything, as 4 aco DMT is perfectly fine orally, and I cant decide on a good way to do dpt. Normally I would snort it, but I've read 100mg intranasally can be a bit harsh. I'm crap with chemistry or else I'd freebase, and needles are spooky. But to dissolve 40mg or so into a few ml of liquid would be hard if even possible.

5-meo-dalt (I assume it's some salt, not freebase) dissolved easily in a normal PG/VG e-cig solution. I think I put 50mg+ in under 2ml with 5f-akb48 dissolved in it too, it was much easier to dissolve than 5f-akb48, it was too strong anyway in that combo. 4-aco-dmt is less potent & it seems people have had little success vaping it anyway.

Last edited:
Wouldn't vegetable glycerin be safer than PG, which is a synthetic chemical which apparently can cause allegy problems in some people? PG may be perfectly safe, IDK, just raising the question.

I've never heard of a PG allergy & it certainly doesn't seem to affect me. AFAIK inhalation of PG is much better studied than glycerine & nobody found any big adverse affect yet. It's been used in hospitals, night clubs & other places for years, I'm sure they couldn't do that if it was a bad allergen. Glycerine is thicker too, I think there's more chance of your e-cig blocking, less trypts dissolving, etc. They just use glycerine in the mix to produce thicker clouds of vapour & sweeten it. Most e-cig liquids are a mix of PG & VG for the base. You might be better off with pure pharma grade PG & dissolving trypts in that.

Apparently PG could cause itching if you're allergic to it, but it's quite rare.

Not sure what difference being synthetic makes to anything & most tryptamines are synthetic too.

Last edited:
I've read pg is just more irritating is all. Not necessarily dangerous, but when inhaled can be a bit rough (hence throat irritation from heavy gaping)

There are people that have allergies to PG and have to use VG only juices with their e-cigs.

I don't think there would be issues of "your e-cig blocking, less trypts dissolving, etc." when using VG. I don't see any reason why there would be at least.

In fact, I bet VG would be better because PG does have a bigger, as we say in the e-cig scene, "throat hit" which I don't think would help when trying to vaporize tryptamines.

I just ordered a kanger emow vape-pen and was wondering the exact same thing. So is the consensus a negative on mixing right amounts of 4-aco-dmt and ecig liquid for vaping? What about methoxetamine? I know these drugs work perfectly fine orally but thought it would be another cool way of consuming them discrete and neatly