• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Question about snorting meth or crack

NoMore4me

Greenlighter
So I have a question about snorting meth or crack......

Here's the story...

I have a "friend" who had the day off of work. He wanted to do some cleaning around the house and stumbled upon
a little bag with a hard crystal rock looking substance with white power shake at the bottom of the bag.
My friend assumed it was something left over from a recent party not to long ago. So, he snorted a little of the white powder (stuff that has fallen away from the crystal rock). The amount he snorted was no more than the size of the cotton tip of a q-tip.

He regrets doing this as understands that it was extremely foolish to do so. He now is pondering some thoughts that he asked me to discuss with my fellow users on here.

He would like to know, how can you tell if it was meth, crack, or coke that he snorted by looking at it, if possible.
Also, what is the average snorting size of say meth? (or crack)

About how long does this high last?

Is there a way to possibly get the effects out of your system faster? (he regrets doing this and does not want to feel the effects of what ever it was that he snorted and just wishes for this to get out of his system)
He did some research and read that taking an activated charcoal supplement may help absorb some of the drug, however, only if it was swallowed. But, question is, if he snorted it, wouldn't it eventually make its way down to your stomach?

I am not trying to go against the forum rules or anything, just would like to everyone's thoughts and what they would do or have done in a situation like this.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Well, unless this really was a friend of yours, and not you, use the first person narrative style in your posts.

Anyway, we can only speculate what this mystery drug was, but it sounds like it was crystal, based on your description, and also based on the fact that crack is pretty ineffective when taken anyway other than smoking it as it's a free base. For a beginner, 10-20mg would get someone feeling amped granted they had no history for amphetamine type drugs that would give them a tolerance. The high from meth usually lasts about 6 hours, with an additional 4-8 hours (approximately, this is all depending on dosage and administration) of feeling 'tweaked out' and having trouble sleeping.

If you want to stop the high, Serequel works quite well, and I've heard Mirtazepine does too. Benzodiazepines will help you feel calmer, but they don't work as well as serequel which will literally stop a tweak in it's tracks.

Some of the drug would drip down to your stomach, but most of it will be absorbed into the bloodstream via the lining of your nasal cavity. If you're really concerned about the effects you could go to a hospital where they would probably hydrate you and give you a shot of lorazepam.

Basically, you'll feel a lot better if you drink a lot of water, V8 tomato juice, or eat fruit. I know it sounds weird but being loaded up on nutrients can really help smooth out an uncomfortable meth session. I remember once I was tweaking out really bad, having hallucinations that this guy (who was really trying to kill me IRL) was screaming curses and death threats from a block away. I smashed down some V8's and ate some strawberries and I regained my sanity. Granted I was probably badly dehydrated, and sleep deprived as this was obviously a particularly dark chapter in my adventurous life, but it illustrates the point I'm trying to make.

sounds like meth if it was crystalline. do you have any antipsychotics? (seroquel, risperdal, etc) that will fix you up back to normal. otherwise just wait it out. as said, 5-6 hours then another few hours at least of being miserable and tense and unable to sleep. also you could always go to the hospital, they'll probably give you an antipsychotic and get you back to feeling yourself.

Thanks for your replies. I believe it was crystal =(
So would you say that 10-20mg would be the size of the cotton part of a qtip? Is that an average amount to snort for a person?
How long does it take for this stuff to leave your system?
Do you think xanax will take the edge off? Are you aware of any interactions by chance?
I know this isnt a medical advise form, just asking for your experience.
I believe it was crystal =(

It really is hard to say, but if it was the size of a cotton part of a q-tip, and it wasn't powdered, I'd be more inclined to say that it was probably closer to 150-250mg. This is a total guess based on my experience with weighing out meth on a scale in the past. I never liked doing large shots of meth, so I'd always weigh it out, and you'd be surprised at how small 10-20mg is.

That being said, meth is a super potent amphetamine, so most first time users end up doing a lot more then they actually need to, and get far too spun out because of it.

Xanax will take the edge off, but just be aware that xanax is a very short acting drug, and it's possible that the xanax will wear off and the stimulation will come back. It's happened to me before with heroin, and xanax for that matter. The best time to take a benzo is towards the end of the high, 8 hours or so after you took the meth. Also, be aware that blacking out while on meth is a really horrible combination.

Well as only "a little bit" was used you can taste a particle of the remainder to tell the difference. Coke is kinda metallic and numbs, meth is salty bitter and does not numb. That's how my taste buds define them anyway. Be cautious though because it could be something else too...bath salt...heroin...bogus made from who knows what. Maybe ask the people who were there if they enjoyed the party and see if someone mentions they lost their stash when they respond.

Well if it was clear and crystally it was not coke or crack, also as someone else stated crack is useless when taken any way besides smoking. You most likely did 100-200mg of meth and i bet for a first time that was a pretty shitty experience, especially when you only wanted a little energy boost to get some cleaning done. Would be cool to know what you ended up doing and how the rest of your time went. Also coke is pretty short acting and will also numb you up. To me coke has a slightly metallic taste and meth has a very chemical taste. Also where as coke numbs, meth burns. Usually a really easy way to tell the difference if it was just a powder. However it also could have been some random RC like bathsalts as someone else said. However since it was a small amount in a bag ide guess meth.

Im really not 100% sure how long it stays in your system but if anyone else here has a good idea on a range of time, or average amount of time it stays in you could chime in i would also like to know. I seem to have recently got into ice myself, but i am mainly, usually, and only addicted to opiates (and only switch between subs and dope, dont really bother with anything else). However recently ive found that with a nice blast of ice i can make my stash of either subs or dope last almost twice as long as it normally would. Just gotta really keep my usage down to less than once a week as i can see how people fall into its claws. Hey though, when its good and free how can you complain??? Haha

Don't use more of it, no matter how tempted you are, drink water, force yourself to eat food, and get some rest.

It could be meth, or it could be a research chemical stimulant like MDPV/bath salts, etc.

If you are worried go to a hospital as someone else posted.