• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about pregabalin being recreational

Hell he didn't even know it was RX'd for depression and/or anxiety.

I was in alot of pain yesterday and took 1400mg pregabalin (I have tolerance don't do this if you lack it) and it felt like a very mild dose of PCP mixed with a benzo. It was actually quite pleasant. Was playing board games with some friends and kept dissociating and losing my train of thought all the time, was almost impossible to go through all the rules cause I kept forgetting them some minutes later.

It has its own feeling .. Almost like a weird opiate. Or benzo . PCP.. To many things... My use is for opiate withdrawal or I also feel it potentiates my opes as well

I Find Gabapentin WAY More Recreational and More Of A Body High Vs. Lyrica Stronger Knock-Out Sleepy Tired Zombie Like Walking Body High it gives.

Taking 'breakthrough' doses of gabapentin or lyrica fucks with the chemical balance in your brain.

It is not harmless, it does cause tolerance and change. There seems to be an idea by some (not all) that these drugs are perfectly safe. The literature that I've seen also doesn't address recreational high-dose use.

Hi, you seem to know a bit about lyrica. Lately I've been incredibly anxious and stressed over the damage I may have done to my cognitive functions by just taking pregabalin at relatively high doses (600-900mg) with a lot of alcohol, for just 3 days. Do you think I could have done any, however insignificant, permanent damage with such a short binge? The most prominent cognitive and memory related impairment lasted for about a week afterwards, although I think I was still noticing odd things for another one or two weeks after that. I was still drinking moderately during this time which can't have helped.

Now three months later, I've completely quit drinking because of this and I'm taking all sorts of supplements in my effort to ease this crippling anxiety that I may have somehow altered my mind.

I certainly don't feel particularly sharp at the moment, but I can't tell if that can be attributed to the current level of stress I'm in, or indeed this fucking 3 day pregabalin party I decided to have.

I've already asked a few neurologists, doctors and pharmacists this same question and the response I always get is that I shouldn't have done anything that wasn't completely reversible, but the thought that these are the same people prescribing the drug in the first place is always in the back of my mind, as well as the fact that they probably got all the information about it from Pfizer, which I think is a fairly justifiable reason to be cynical about it.

Anyway, I hate change, and I have a history of obsessive thoughts and mild depression so some information from an independent party would be just lovely. Thanks.

Lyrica is a beautiful drug and abuse will only kill its potential to help your quality of life. I take the same dose every single and still receive anxiety and pain relief. Why chase the high and ruins drug that u could have gotten relief from daily use? This is not some oxycodone that will build tolerance to, only if u chase the mood lift. Use lyrica for withdrawa!a, anxiety or pain dude.... Its such a sweet drug! U have to be gentle with it it has feelings