• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about Nucynta ER

Toreadores

Greenlighter
I've been for few months on Nucynta (instant release) and 150-200mg usually gives pretty descend and good euphoria and works really good with the. My doc just prescribed me the Nucynta ER (extended release). He explained me how the ER works but of course I can't ask him "how will this work with the euphoria". What I got for the explanation is the drug is metabolised much slower so can keep the pain away for longer and as well it doesn't start working right away like the instant release.
This brings my questions:
1. Does this mean the drug is more potent even if have same mg of the opiate adn if triggers later can extend the good feeling and the euphoria? Or means I won't feel any at all?
2. All over the internet says NOT to chew or break the pill because it will cause the medicine to release too quickly, but still it got me wonder - will this somehow cancel the effect of the pill and not feel any relieve at all or I will get some quick burst reaction and I will blow away in euphoria for short time?

I am sorry if it is somewhere else answered I tried the search tool but nothing related to my questions came up, nor on internet. I know this drug is not very popular and there isn't much detailed information. Even if you don't know about this drug I suppose it will be same as other ER drugs if you have experience

Id have to check exactly for Nucynta ER but generally ER products take more time to absorb or are designed to slowly release drug to within the therapeutic window and prevent side effects from high spikes in blood levels IR products can cause. Slower to kick in but last longer.

In terms of euphoria, the ER will be less because of above. And yes all ER/CR products will say dont crush or chew them to prevent breaking the release mechanism dumping all the dose.

They are tough buggers, too. Sure they somehow could be manipulated but Im lazy and never would.

Thank you for your answer, maybe I will try to dig some info if there is some way to manipulate this drug. I took 200mg at the time I wrote the post (about 2 hours ago) for now I don't feel any change in my mood or any signs of euphoria. I do start feeling some improvement with the pain tho but not sure if it isn't only a placebo effect?

How much time usually takes until ER Painkillers start working? I am asking to know if I have to adjust the dose. Is approx. 2h normal to start feeling the effect? Or it takes more (or less) time? With the IR Nucynta the effect starts about the 20-25th minute and lasts about 3-4 hours.

Take a hammer and smack the pill into pieces if you want to use it recreationally. It is the same as normal tapentadol but packaged in a way that it releases contents slower than IR. Don't adjust the dose for recreational effects. 150mg tapentadol is 150mg tapentadol if you have defeated the CR packaging.

I have a question about Nucynta and Clonazepam. I am dependent on Klonopin (10 years taking but always keep to the 1 mg per day even though I rarely have anxiety attacks any more. I now also have Fibromyalgia and cannot take any of the normal meds for this (Gabapentin, Lyrica etc) due to allergic reactions. Opioids help, but I don't want to become dependent and my Fibro Dr. (Dr's) freak if you even mention Oxy, so they usually prescribe hydrocodone which has little to no effect for me except for making me a bit hyper and ever so slightly euphoric. So, now for my question...my Dr prescribed Nucynta for pain for the fibro, but in reading, it is not recommended to take with Clonazepam, yet it does not say why. I sure as heck do not want an anxiety type of reaction, just pain relief. Does anyone know what the reason is for not taking both medications?

I have a question about Nucynta and Clonazepam. I am dependent on Klonopin (10 years taking but always keep to the 1 mg per day even though I rarely have anxiety attacks any more. I now also have Fibromyalgia and cannot take any of the normal meds for this (Gabapentin, Lyrica etc) due to allergic reactions. Opioids help, but I don't want to become dependent and my Fibro Dr. (Dr's) freak if you even mention Oxy, so they usually prescribe hydrocodone which has little to no effect for me except for making me a bit hyper and ever so slightly euphoric. So, now for my question...my Dr prescribed Nucynta for pain for the fibro, but in reading, it is not recommended to take with Clonazepam, yet it does not say why. I sure as heck do not want an anxiety type of reaction, just pain relief. Does anyone know what the reason is for not taking both medications?

Hi Beans69. I don't know about the combination with Clonazepam, but I have months of experience with Nucynta. What I can tell you about this drug is that has the strength of Oxy for pain (about 10mg Nucynta = 1mg Oxy) but of course it can't measure the euphoric effect of Oxy. Nucynta has its own charm. Many people are saying it's shit but I would not agree. If you are using it mostly for pain and not recreational reasons Nucynta is a pretty good drug. It is FAR LESS addictive than Oxy, Hydro or even tramadol with my experience! I cut it cold turkey for couple of weeks to restore some of my tolerance after 5 months of using. I had some withdraw symptoms the first 2-3 days but it was nothing like Oxy/Hydro. I had mild discomfort and some headaches but that was it. When I cut Percocet/Norco I had sever pain, headaches, stomach discomfort, and heavy depression lasting for few weeks. It was horrible. With Nucynta I never had any of these and this is what I like about this drug. If you didn't use Oxy about 10-14 days before starting Nucynta, 150-200mg can give you a fantastic mood boost and some euphoria. If you take 200mg or more can make you very sleepy tho, so if you are out or at work I don't recommend take more than 150mg.

I was taking it with Lyrica or Gabapentin and I didn't have any bad interactions or side effects combining with Nucynta. This is of course my experience with this drug and can't guarantee everybody else will have same effects.

Hi Beans69. I don't know about the combination with Clonazepam, but I have months of experience with Nucynta. What I can tell you about this drug is that has the strength of Oxy for pain (about 10mg Nucynta = 1mg Oxy) but of course it can't measure the euphoric effect of Oxy. Nucynta has its own charm. Many people are saying it's shit but I would not agree. If you are using it mostly for pain and not recreational reasons Nucynta is a pretty good drug. It is FAR LESS addictive than Oxy, Hydro or even tramadol with my experience! I cut it cold turkey for couple of weeks to restore some of my tolerance after 5 months of using. I had some withdraw symptoms the first 2-3 days but it was nothing like Oxy/Hydro. I had mild discomfort and some headaches but that was it. When I cut Percocet/Norco I had sever pain, headaches, stomach discomfort, and heavy depression lasting for few weeks. It was horrible. With Nucynta I never had any of these and this is what I like about this drug. If you didn't use Oxy about 10-14 days before starting Nucynta, 150-200mg can give you a fantastic mood boost and some euphoria. If you take 200mg or more can make you very sleepy tho, so if you are out or at work I don't recommend take more than 150mg.

I was taking it with Lyrica or Gabapentin and I didn't have any bad interactions or side effects combining with Nucynta. This is of course my experience with this drug and can't guarantee everybody else will have same effects.

Thanks Toreadores! That was exactly the type of thing I needed to hear:) So many posts I read, ppl were popping Nucynta in the 4 and 5's like candy and talking about tripping, staring at walls, sleeping 12 hours and waking up like a zombie etc. I wanted a constructive experience for someone only wanting pain relief. That's all I want...the euphoria and feel good all over would just be a bonus!

*virtual hugs*

Take a hammer and smack the pill into pieces if you want to use it recreationally. It is the same as normal tapentadol but packaged in a way that it releases contents slower than IR. Don't adjust the dose for recreational effects. 150mg tapentadol is 150mg tapentadol if you have defeated the CR packaging.

I agree. I take an ER oxy and I usually whack it with a hammer a few times, that does the trick. An ER is just a formulation that the manufacturer uses to make it absorb more slowly, it does not change the drug itself. You will notice a slower onset of action so therefore you would (in theory) have less incentive to abuse it. To get the euphoria, you need to cross a higher "threshhold" than you would for just pain relief, so the drug concentration in your system needs to be higher and get there faster.

Crushing to powder will usually defeat the time-release, but probably won't be quite as good as an instant release. That has been my experience.

Help! New to this site, need help with med questions. My doc sent me to a pm dr after a spinal fusion. I was on 120 Roxys a day, now new doc gives me Nucenta er 150 2xs a day. Is this a fair trade? Also, I have been Iv ing the Roxys and now I'm stuck with this Nucenta junk. Feel like garbage, totally kicking. Best way to get well??? Any advice? Thoughts? Comments??

Get a really sharp heavy knife, and slice them up. Keep the pressure on the knife steady. Use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Chop it in half, chop those in half, etc. I get down to 20 pieces or so and it's just like an immediate release tablet.