• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about my "insanely high?"vicodin use

Tyasya64

Greenlighter
Ok so I have to use up to 50-60 mg of hydrocodone to get the calming effects and its worrying me. Not the amount of APAP im taking in alongside the hydro, but the amount of hydro im taking. Is there a way to take in less while still getting a mild buzz? I heard someone "rolling the vicodin high", where he takes 10 to 15mg an hour for 3 or so many hours and he never has to worry about building up a tolerance while still getting calming/very socialable effects. Any advice/information on that?

Just because its working for your friend doesnt mean it will for you. Thats really the only advice necessary. Be safe.

I honestly don't know how that would work for you since you already use 50-60 mg in order to feel the effects. My best suggestion is taking a long break from hydrocodone. (Homeless ------ > BDD)

Taking small doses of Opioids every couples hours would just piss me off and aggravate me. I wouldn't go that route. There's not an advantage in staggering dosage with this drug or most Opioids for that matter.

Are you familiar with Cold Water Extraction? It's the process involved in removing the APAP and other shit from your pills while retaining the active ingredient, being Hydrocodone. If you need information, let us know, but google will provide you with the information you need.

Opioids are highly addictive. They simulate the body's own natural endogenous-morphines or endorphins for short. You want to be happy and content with life right? If you can get that on demand for a few bucks, you can see how these things can progress quite quickly. It will be easier to quit using the eariler you try, but I'm not preaching here. Even the psychological component is huge after a few uses, not even mentioning withdrawal.

Also, your usage isn't insanely high. I'd be more worried about the APAP than the dosage of Opioids.

Yes im aware of the CWE i had to do it with other... stuff. But there isnt a way to keep or at least prolong my tolerance from going up any more? I only use vicodin usually every other week. Theres times ill do it twice a week when im depressed but that is RARE RARE

You want to be happy and content with life right? If you can get that on demand for a few bucks, you can see how these things can progress quite quickly. It will be easier to quit using the eariler you try, but I'm not preaching here. Even the psychological component is huge after a few uses, not even mentioning withdraw.

Also, your usage isn't insanely high. I'd be more worried about the APAP than the dosage of Opioids.

Quit? Im not trying to quit at this stage of my life im experimenting, and i never get any signs of withdrawls. But can you explain more on the
"If you can get that on demand for a few bucks, you can see how these things can progress quite quickly" part? I dont know if you were tying that to quiting my use or you are meaning something else

I think he's referring to how the quick reinforcing cycle of taking opiates feeling nice, money, and access has lead alot of people on here to spend thousands, tens of thousands, even over a hundred thousand on chasing that warm pleasant feeling. I don't do opiates but basically any extra cash I have I'll spend on drugs and I might not use em all in one day but either way evently the high is gone in a few hours and you got no money instead of something more lasting then a fleeting feeling

It all depends on the person honestly . It takes 15 to get me going but if you take 15mg everyday obviously its not going to work as well . You have to take breaks . I enjoy the breaks just because i know when i take 3 i'm going to get tossed. Im rolling rn .

I dont think CWE has anything to do with tolerance honestly . I have went went through alot . I CWE 3 10/650s before and i didnt feel anything spectacular.

It's my personal belief that there are generally two separate tolerances at play with powerful drugs like Opioids. There's the acute tolerance and then there's the more psychological tolerance of just "knowing" what the high is like. You are expecting it the next time around and it might not be as lovely as the previous time. It's clear that Opioids cause permanent changes in our body and brain chemistry, as most Opioid addicts can easily pick up a severe habit in less than a week after a long period of abstinence, complete with full withdrawal syndrome.

I hope you are doing cold water extractions on the vicodin as that's a lot of APAP to be taking.

Be extremely careful, you sound as though you are already psychologically and physically addicted.

Using opiates when you are depressed is a bad idea, and you should be careful that you don't overdose when you take tolerance breaks as that's how a lot of people overdose and die-they take the amount that they used to take or are used to taking. Stay safe.

Ok so how long should i take a tolerance break for? Id love it to go back to when i took 20-30mg to get that lovely feeling. And of course i stay safe i keep an eye out on how much APAP im consuming, dont worry about that.

im gonna tell you what you probably already kind of know which is the ability to replicate the feelings you got at 20-30 mg may never happen or take a very long time. Sure taking a decent break will bring it down but it takes no time for it to come back. Only way to get rid of a decent tolerance is time.

what worries me is that youre taking an opiate for its calming effects in an attempt to mask emotions and feelings which is going to lead you down a dark road my friend. You think 50-60 mg is "insanely high " until your doing double that.

Your tolerance problem will only get worse. I've been at that point fairly recently and now I need 70-90mg of hydro to even hope for a decent high, which I still don't really get.

During the beginning of my use (4-5 years back) I was still browsing bluelight and always heard people say hydrocodone was literally useless for them to get a high, it would only work as maintenance. I laughed at that notion since at the time 15-20mg would get me blasted, "ha these people are ridiculous! hydro useless hahaha."

Now here I am and I've taken a month or two off recently and still could barely get a buzz off hydro. Seriously just take a decent break that's the only way to fix this problem. you can't blunt force your way through this by dosing high, that will shoot your tolerance up to incredible heights and drain your bank.

Thanks to all of yall, im going to take one last dose before taking this long a$$ break. Im going for 2 months. In the meanwhile benzos will keep me company. Not my favorite choice but it will do.

Thanks to all of yall, im going to take one last dose before taking this long a$$ break. Im going for 2 months. In the meanwhile benzos will keep me company. Not my favorite choice but it will do.

Well benzos aren't a good solution but if you can take at least a solid 2 month break from opiates that is good. Just be careful, good luck