Question about moderator abusing power

justtakethat

Bluelighter
I cant send private messeges on mobile version so i would like a senior moderator to see this

Its my understanding that not agreeing with someone is in no way abusing them and he says its not being weak and i said it absolutely has to do with it and i get banned?
eason: Abuse
-------
I've told you in no uncertain terms calling people weak is insulting and continuous trolling will not be tolerated.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/showthread.php?p=13479028
Im not withdrawling and i dont get addicyed almost a year ago i wasnt being smart and used for a weak and got real withdrawls and i wasnt addicted i havent used for a week since i posted this its called willpower buddy and its completely to do with being weak
All the best,
Bluelight

Seems like TCalderone has personal problems with me to be ready to give me infractions for anything

different forums have different zeitgeists and different standards. forum staff are the arbiters of what is and is not acceptable.

on november 16th last year you received a warning for insulting another member. was it the world's most egregious insult? no, which is why you received a warning rather than an infraction. the moderator made it clear why you were warned and what would happen in the case of a further incidence: "Flaming is not tolerated at Bluelight. Read the forum guidelines and refrain from making insults to other members. The OP posted this in 2009 so she probably didn't see your rude response. This is a warning which carries no points but further disruption will result in disciplinary action."

on february 13th, you posted a frankly condescending message insulting another member for being 'weak'. you were infracted (as you were told you would be) and you were given further guidance: "If you continue this sort of behavior, you will receive more infractions which accumulate and could result in losing your Bluelight privileges."

yesterday, you posted again accusing another bluelighter of weakness. you received another infraction (as you were told you would) automatically tripping a one day temporary ban.

t. calderone has been civil, has told you clearly why what your posting is unacceptable and has indicated clearly what will happen if you persist. she's demonstrably not infracting you for just anything and his actions could not reasonably be described as anything close to abuse of power.

alasdair

Last edited:
I didnt say that that person was weak the very last time tcalderone gave me the infraction he simply said. Being addicted has nothing to do with being weak and i said, "its called willpower buddy and it absolutely has to do with being weak" we cant have seperate opinions? How do u even know hw was addicted in the first place. I never called anyone weak in that post.

I didnt say that that person was weak the very last time tcalderone gave me the infraction he simply said. Being addicted has nothing to do with being weak and i said, "its called willpower buddy and it absolutely has to do with being weak" we cant have seperate opinions? How do u even know hw was addicted in the first place. I never called anyone weak in that post.
Really? It says;
justtakethat said:
its called willpower buddy and its completely to do with being weak

Also, I believe T.Calderone is a she, not a he :)

Really? It says;

Also, I believe T.Calderone is a she, not a he :)
Do you not understand the difference between me saying addiction has to do with being weal and calling some one weak?? Obviously not. Fat people that cant stop eatig are also weak but did i call anyone weak?? Its called a general statement

sounds like you'll need to be a little more careful about what you say and how you say it in future.

alasdair

^Doesn't sound like he did much more than state an ignorant opinion from what I've read. A drug forum shouldn't be so sensitive we're all adults here I thought.

As Alasdair pointed out, though, this is not an isolated, one-off comment.
A warning about this behaviour had been issued, the abusive posts (calling numerous people 'weak') continued - and it has resulted in an infraction.

Last edited:
I dont need to be careful at all when im not breaking the rules you just need to learn to reread and think about what it said so u dont jump to conclusions

as i said, the forum staff are the arbiters of what is and is not appropriate and whether a rule has been broken. you're free to assume the moral high-ground and continue without changing your approach but that is likely to lead to further infractions and longer temporary bans.

alasdair

When will you take off the infraction since you even said i need to be careful in wording implying that i didnt break the rules but but sounded like i did...

no. the infraction stands.

perhaps if i had written "you'll need to be a little more careful about what you say and how you say it in future if you wish to avoid further infractions" it would have been clearer.

alasdair

justtakethat, don't mind the infraction, I got one when a member called me some names and I called him a dick or something to that nature, the post is still present. I was also cussed out in the forums by a moderator and he says "be prepared to be banned" I just lol @ him and let him know I was still around a few days after. I could care less for an infraction from any online forum, it means nothing in your day to day life. Just carry on and let those people act as they wish they were. Many people need the invisible internet to feel significant.

Thats completely right. And with how fast alasdair was replying to all my posts it just makes me think hes probably on the computer all day long with nothing to do. And thats funny about the mod saying prepare to be banned lol i bet he wasnt a mod much long after

I could care less for an infraction from any online forum...
so you do care :)

yep. you both know all about me. maybe i don't 'need the invisible internet to feel significant'. maybe i believe that what bl does is important on some level and i'm just helping out by volunteering some time?

answer too fast - i'm a loser with nothing to do. answer too slow, i'm a loser who doesn't care.

damned if we do and damned if we don't...

alasdair

TC, in my opinion is lovely n a good moderator. If you said that in the recovery forums its understamdable you'd be infracted as the those forums deal with some vulnerable people of which some have been through horrendous ordeals suxh as rape n or physical abuse. The moderators in those sections are used to
This n are bound to feel protective.

I can see where you're coming from in that it's your opinion but when it comes to addiction it is complex with mang different theories. Introduce mental illness into the mix with things such as traumatic experiences that some have had to endure n you can see why it's important to be sensitive.

Of course I'm just a member n assuming that it's the recovery forums. I know most of the moderators from those sectioms having spent my first four months at Bluelight n I personally fimd them to be extremely fair n patient (my goodness they put up with me lol). I found that they try to talk to people first so I personally find your post hard to believe as slways found the staff there to be extremely helpful, xo-operative, polite, fair, just n caring but that's just me.

I hope you're able to resolve the issues. I personally would PM TC n sort it out between yourselves n imagine if you're civil things will be fine x

Evey

When will you take off the infraction since you even said i need to be careful in wording implying that i didnt break the rules but but sounded like i did...

You did break the rules, and that is why you were infracted. You completely hijacked a thread made by someone seeking advice regarding withdrawals. You made it about yourself, and then proceeded to post the following comment after a poster graciously gave you some advice about taking care with your use:

I dont need to be high and nodding every single day which is what it takes in weaker people to get addicted in the first place.

You then followed it up with the post you were infracted for.

You've been warned multiple times about going around stating that addicts are weak in serious drug discussion threads. You chose to continue, and you've been infracted as you were a few days ago for doing the exact same thing.

As a Bluelight user, I don't want our drug threads derailed by unnecessary and inflammatory comments and I'm glad to see moderators taking care of this sort of stuff.

Apparently you think it has nothing to do with willpower because it does Eveli it was just basic drug discussion. I said getting high on opoates every single day is called being weak you dont agree with that? Also i didnt hijack anything i even put that at the beginning of my post his question was awnsered

And this was your post from a few days earlier, in response to a new member asking a geniune question about their heroin and methadone use....

Lol sounds like ur dog is pretty weak and is probably addicted. Ashame u couldnt have stronger willpower over your own actions have fun withdrawling buddy

:\

This infraction seems more than fair. I hope you can contribute to Bluelight in a more positive and constructive manner going forward.