• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

question about medical grade herb...as compared to street stuff

euphoria445

Bluelighter
just smoked some lemon kush i got from the dispensary and took a small hit just to relax.i have to say it packed a punch and seemed more centered around the body and not as good head high as i used to get from other sources...it was a good high but kinda missing part of the euphoria.could it be the amount i smoked?,(small pinch)but i usually smoke the same amount with the other type herb and the euphoria was more pronounced,while this seems like a slower kind lazier body high(mostly )or is medical grade just more tame then the street stuff?again this medical grade(lemon kush)produced a very pronounced body buzz and some mind...i'm thinking it's a considerable ratio where the indica is dominant with a tad bit of mind high..good but nothing as radical or speedy..

update...after slowly coming down(like 3/4ths)of the way,i tried taking another small hit,and finally it reached that euphoric phase a bit more that was more in the mind what i was looking for...i guess this is more 2 hit type stuff then one hit and that i have my answer,but i would still like to hear views on this...thanks

Extrapolating from one (or two) hits of a single strain from a single dispensary isn't very logical. I think it depends on the person, the strain, how the particular plant was grown, and the area.

It's still weed, it's just comes with certain qualifications and is analytically tested for it's constituents, so you know what it's used for, methinks?

Hey euphoria, ever notice how no two people look completely identical? How even among twins there are slight (oftentimes negligible) discrepancies in physical appearance and personality (among other things)?

Weed strains are exactly like individual people. All of the strains of the three species of marijuana vary in potency and offer slightly different highs. Certain qualities of a high tend to be attributable to a specific species (i.e. indica's known for body-heavy, "stony" highs, whereas sativa is known for the more psychoactive, heady, creativity-sparking highs, and ruderalis I don't know much about at all but I understand it to simply have a much weaker potency than sativa's and indica's are known for), but that's just a rule of thumb. It goes out the window when you start talking about hybrid sativa/indica plants.

To complicate matters even further, one strain of marijuana can have varying qualities to the high from one plant to the next. EVEN WORSE, a friend of yours could be effected by marijuana completely differently from you after the same session, completely freaking out while you're just chillin' there like "wtf bro, here, hit this."

This shit gets complex, man. In the end, though, street weed can be just as good as medicinal weed obtained from a dispensary. The difference is that street weed can also be complete shit, whereas dispensary weed is going to be quality-controlled to some extent. If they have low-potency product in a dispensary, it's for a damn good medicinal reason and almost assuredly of a high quality itself. Street weed? Fuck if you know what you're going to get unless you've got a reliable dealer that doesn't really sell to you off of the street anyways.

thanks for the responses guys,,,^^jibult thanks for the post especially and for taking time to write that...very informative stuff and i agree with your points on alot of counts....anyway..don't get me wrong i got STONED...it's just that the high was almost predominantly body and only a tad bit of mind on the comedown....it was supposed to be a hybrid strain so i would have figured that the high would have been more distributed in that respect...i will tell you this though...the high felt much CLEANER and less dirty than the high i get from street weed almost more tamer with the paranoia, and the comedown was less rough which is always good...overall i'm pleased with my first experience with medical grade herb and will continue frequenting differnt dispensaries and trying different products and strains etc...next time i think i'll go for something more pure sativa based..

on a side note,the reason i went with this strain is that he gave me a special price,2 grams for 15 bucks which i couldn't pass up,i'm wondering if he just wanted to get some of it off his hands because it wasn't selling...just thought i'd point that out.

Last edited:
I'd say lemon kush is more sativa and energetic while being indica. Avoid cheese, blue dream, girl scout cookies, og kush, bubba kush, grand daddy purple, or any of those dense indica strains that are grown right and handled well so you feel the sticky oily resin leaking out from in between the leaves

Edit: avoid above stains

Try jack herer, trainwreck/Chernobyl's, legit sour desiel if you can, possibly super silver haze although it's a balanced hybrid imo and any lose buds that are just swollen calyx or w.e the orange hairs grow out of stringed along the plant vs. Squeezed together as bud formation.

Aroma therapy plays a big roll.... Smell your bud to make sure you like it. I highly recommend jack herer and trainwreck/Chernobyl although the later two are kind of a body high too in my opinion.

Sunset sherbet you may like too.... Part of the cookies variation although citrus tasting and more of a wake up smoke while still having a heavy body high.

Last edited:
^^ thanks boss..i will try to check those strains out heard alot about the jack herer and would like to give that a try sometime......anyway i smoked yet another strain named banana og,and it had some of the same characteristics that i like and had more of a sativa buzz and spaciness that i like and more bordered on indica...to conclude i will say this medical marijuana imo is the much better high overall...it may lack some of the kick and euphoria that alot of street weed has but the high is much clearer,less rough on the comedown..and overall felt cleaner....where it lacks in the kick and euphoria department in some ways,it totally trumps street mj in alot of other ways such as painkilling and relaxation...it feels like a more controlled high without the edginess and panic of some street herb...that's my experience...any other people like to add to this thread..fell free

Jack herer is just phenomenal. Powerful, uplifting, awesome. I like super sour diesel (super silver/sour cross) even more. These are definitely heady strains.

It's not just about the strain, but how well it's grown. Don't want any unflushed bud that sparkles due to nitrogen and other nute crystal formed on the leafs. Get the herer for sure and super silver haze as your indicia stain. Blue dream could be a good indica. Kali mist I haven't seen for ever, but the best fruity sativa I ever had.

Well the weed products that I bought at the shop last night would certainly be too strong for anyone used to street weed, that's for fuckin sure.

I first got exposed to 'medical' weed from a 'caregiver' who probably grew more than they were allowed to. It was stronger than what I had previously been buying. Up until the point where I bought from a legal caregiver, it was mostly guys growing stuff in their basements, garages, spare bedrooms, etc. Sure, the medical stuff was better when I first went over, but the actual weed (if not the equipment and techniques) has slowly filtered down to street level.

All the time though, I still get hit by weed that is too strong for me. And then I just smoke/vape less.

So yeah, some medical weed is stronger than street weed. Some is less strong than street weed. I do find it less predictable overall.

Tom

The only upside when it comes to the quality of weed from dispensaries, in my opinion, is that you can choose to buy they type of weed you like. If you like purple kush,you can by purple kush. As opposed to buying pot from a dealer who claims it's purple kush but really has no idea who even grew it.

Well you also know if it is really a purple plant or something someone fed nutrients or hormones to turn people. Then again you can't just trust dispensary labels to be good weed... You need to find a place run by people who respect the history of the plant and the knowledge that comes with that history.

The other benifit is being able to have clean concentrates for people who need a pure hit vs. a hit with plant matter. There's edibles some made with vegans in mind and even capsules measured to precise disagrees. The Rick Simpson Phoenix tears formula is also popping up everywhere branded Simpson oil for idiotic reasons. There's lots more to dispensaries then just choosing your weed, but it is safe access to medication and clean herb.

I just don't really like weed too much these days. The game has changed, and honestly I hate the dutch for ruining a drug that I once very much enjoyed. The dutch have clogged the gene pool of weed. I haven't smoked stuff like the 90s weed I had in forever. People that start smoking now, have no idea what weed used to be like. I've smoked strains a long time ago, like a Pure Thai that I couldn't even tell I was high on, it was just very clean feeling, almost opiate like. But now there seems to be indica in EVERY strain, even sativa, the gene pool is fucked, and everything selectively bred to get you as fucked up as possible, whereas weed was never about that for me, it was more about taking the edge off, not getting super baked.

Hello am a outside grower and this is my second time growing I have. 6 beautiful girls 2 of them have purple Hairs and crystals are already growing I have never seen this before. Is this good

Hairs should change color with age. I think they look white usually at first becoming orange later.... A purple hue doesn't sound too off although I don't know much about growing the plant.

Hello am a outside grower and this is my second time growing I have. 6 beautiful girls 2 of them have purple Hairs and crystals are already growing I have never seen this before. Is this good

Purple pistils can be a result of the plant's genetics (then it's a good thing) or cold weather (not great but what can you do...). Either way purple pistils are beautiful.

Resin production is always a good thing!

All MJ, whether it be street or from a medical dispensary, falls into either a Indica, Sativa, or a Hybrid category. If by 'street' MJ, you mean the bullshit Mexican compressed, brick weed, that is just garbage! I would rather NOT smoke than have to smoke brick. Knowing the strain name is the important part, as you can look it up and find if it is an Indica, Sativa, or Hybrid. As some have mentioned, Leafly is a great site/app to use to look up all the different strains.