• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

question about Mandelin test kit

mr.question

Greenlighter
i made my own test kit because dancesafe and the bunkpolice TOTALLY OVERCHARGE and i think its a bit ridiculous so im testing peoples product for free this summer at music festivals and what not. So i just made a mandelin test kit and i noticed the color of this kit is a different then dancesafe's mandelin kit. It was put in the freezer right after i made it to preserve it so its not going bad. what do you guys think?

heres a pic of the kit -
Photo%20on%204-8-15%20at%2011.31%20AM_zpsjrn5xuvc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Also here is a picture of the reaction it had with some crushed up asprin - on the left is 5 seconds into the reaction and to the right its about 20 seconds into the reaction. it would be very helpful if someone could post a picture of a reaction they had with their madelin test kit on some asprin.
IMG_0232_zpskxoakcus.jpg

Last edited:
the kits already sorta orange but ill try. its been stored in a freezer for less than 2 weeks.

thats sorta lame that the salt reactions is supposed to be a strong orange... cocaines reaction is also a strong orange. i dont really like cocaine away but still sorta lamesauce.

ill try some salt out and letcha know whatsup with a pic thanks man.

please lemme know soon bluelighters my friends leaving town and i dont wanna send him off with a defective testing kit.

That looks like a good result to me. Be cautious with results that seem faintly yellow but it appears that everything is fine with strong reactions.

Interesting. I have only seen very "thick" and solid yellow Mandelin reagents. What "recipe" did you use to prepare the reagent? Yours looks like it's transparent.

You may find that the plastic reacts with the sulfuric acid to darken the reagent over time. Some will be very susceptible to this (black within a month) whereas others (ETFE) will be almost completely resistant.

Harder polyethylenes tend to fare better than softer ones IME, but of course fluorinated plastics are best.

Fluorinated plastics cost way too much, just get a glass bottle next time if your plastic one does not hold up well OP, but it should be fine for a few months in your refrigerator.