Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

question about LSD, LSD-like substances and sleep disorders

RJ102

Greenlighter
Hi guys.

Apologies in advance.....i feel this could be long......will do my best not to waffle.

New here, however i have been a lurker for years. Now the day has come where simply lurking, is not getting me the answers i need.

So here goes, a little background first.....

Im a 30yo male. I have smoked weed for 15 years.

I have always been a very heavy sleeper but over the last 5 years i have developed what i would class as a sleep disorder, although never had it diagnosed.

I would stay up late smoking weed and playing games, then go to bed and sleep 12 hours, and when i eventually woke up, I could easily go back to sleep for another 12 hours. No matter how much sleep i got, it was never enough. I would always feel drained and go through life as a zombie, until night came, where id suddenly feel awake, unable to sleep until the early hours and then go through the same cycle again. Friends and family were very concerned and urged me to seek advice. Its not unusual for me to sleep entire days and nights. My longterm gf, was at her wits end, and could never wake me up without far too much effort needed,and when i did wake, id be a vile horrible person. I could literally sleep through alarms etc, and once slept through a small gas explosion in a house near where i lived, which woke every other person on my street.

So here goes......

About 1 year ago i became curious about other drugs. I dabbled with good cocaine, but could always sleep with little effort after a night on it (the first time i ever took it i could not sleep that night, but subsequent times never caused much issue). I tried pure mdma, used it too much, and now don't like the stuff - the comedown is too brutal. I know thats a product of my abuse but i wasn't as educated as i am now. Again, my sleeping habits were unchanged and have fallen asleep while rolling before.

Then i became curious about LSD.

I researched my suppliers/vendors (im not buying on the street) and settled with one of the best known LSD vendors. Had 5 tabs all from the same batch from this guy.

The effects were very strong and lasted about 5 hours, and then the afterglow for a number of hours afterwards. sleeping for me, was not possible while tripping but afterwards i was fine and my regular sleeping habits were unaffected i.e i still could sleep for days.

Second batch of tabs, new supplier, 5 again. - effects were identical to the fist batch and duration was also the same. My regular sleep issues stayed unchanged.

On to the third batch.....another new supplier, but well thought of by others.......-effects were very similar but not identical. Less intense visually and i noticed far more body load. The body load passed after first few hours. The duration lasted 12 hours or so with the afterglow extending to 16 hours. At the beginning of the trip my mind felt "foggy" but this only lasted for the initial comeup.

(I should point out that i was not taking 5 tabs a time, 1 tab, sometimes 1.5, with several days to a week between doses - estimate tab strength on all batches was 100-125ug)

Now, a week or so after my last tab, i wake up feeling good every morning, without any effort, it just happens. Just like a normal person. My sleep has become much lighter and i wake up several times through the night (not an issue for me at the moment)

Now, i am not complaining......i have my life back. My sleep issue really was stating to ruin my life and its gone, totally....for now at least.

I found one other person who had posted on another forum, very similar experiences to me, although for them it was a bad thing as they didn't have the sleep issues I had, so they were just suffering unbearable insomnia, whereas i am so happy to finally have some normalcy to my life.

What I really want to know is what is happening here. Is it something i should worry about, or just be happy to be operating like a normal human, for the first time since i can remember, or is this going to come back to bite me.

Why did i notice differences in effects and duration? Could those differences be caused by a different manufacture process or impurities or is it more likely I took something other than LSD? If i took something other than LSD, which batch was it? the first 2 with a 5 hour duration and stronger effects and less body load, or the last batch with a 12 hour duration, milder effects and more body load? And can LSD or any other LSD type substance ,produce lasting sleep issues?

Iv not been lazy. I have tried finding the answers myself but haven't really got anywhere. My research tells me LSD duration can be from 5-12 hours depending on the person, but does it also depend on the product, or should all LSD be very similar?

If anybody needs any more info to help me, please do ask.

I want to find out anything i can before i end up buying more and potentially making a mistake because right now, I want my life back. i don't want to be a zombie anymore, and if taking LSD will fix it....ill probably carry on, but if this is a slow road to something far worse, then i need help.

Thanks in advance

RJ102

Remember that your quality of sleep is strongly dictated by your mental state.
If you are stressed, depressed, or even generally unhappy people may often develop insomnia or hypersomnia.
Perhaps try cutting back on the weed and only smoking it at night, or every second night.
I find that non-stop blazing makes me very fatigued and unmotivated and this manifests into sleep problems.
What you likely noticed is a positive afterglow resulting from your experience; the LSD perked your mood and now you are having quality sleep again.
However don't expect it to last forever, and don't expect LSD to do this every time you have sleep problems.