• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Question about lab drug testing

NorwegianElkhound

Bluelighter
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. My question is, when a sample is sent to the lab, if my levels of THC are below 50ng/ml, but higher than 15ng/ml, would they just count it as a negative or do they do use the lower cutoff on all samples after testing with the 50ng/ml cutoff? I wish I had more information about the drug tests I'm getting but I don't. And I doubt my PO knows. After 24 days I will definitely be below 50ng/ml and if they discard the tests once passing that cutoff I'll be good.

Sounds confusing..if your THC lvl was above 50ng/ml, you would fail the test..

As for the lab test, they are more sensitive..so if it registers above 15ng/ml, that is a positive test. It won't matter if it is below the 50ng/ml cutoff.

Sounds confusing..if your THC lvl was above 50ng/ml, you would fail the test..

As for the lab test, they are more sensitive..so if it registers above 15ng/ml, that is a positive test. It won't matter if it is below the 50ng/ml cutoff.

It would be under 50ng/ml. This is what the labcorp site says:
"LabCorp performs initial drug screening using immunoassay. An immunoassay is a test that uses antibodies to detect the presence of drugs and other substances in urine. The initial screening process does not measure the specific amount of drug present in urine samples. It provides either a negative or a presumptive positive result, indicating the absence or possible presence of detectable drug relative to a ‘threshold’ or ‘cutoff’ concentration"

So my question is, do they perform confirmation testing on ALL samples after the initial screen at 50ng/ml?

I gave myself an instant drug test with a cutoff of 50ng/ml for THC, and there was a very faint line, so I'm assuming my levels right now are around 50 or slightly above. If I DO have to take a drug test when it might happen, the levels would be way below 50

I gave myself an instant drug test with a cutoff of 50ng/ml for THC, and there was a very faint line, so I'm assuming my levels right now are around 50 or slightly above. If I DO have to take a drug test when it might happen, the levels would be way below 50
Sounds like you're good then...a faint line is still a line. That would mean you are below cutoff.