• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ketamine Question About Ketamine/K Analogue Interactions?

sillypillyoclock

Greenlighter
Hello! I have a small amount (.3 maybe?) of a ketamine analogue (2-FDCK I think?) and I’m wondering if any of my medications are unsafe to have in my system when I use it. I take propranolol ER 60mg, methylphenidate ER 27mg (I take that in the morning and would be doing the K at night), and Auvelity, which is an extended release tablet of dextromethorphan 45mg and bupropion 105mg. I also take kratom on occasion (about 1/4-1/2 a tsp) but will prob skip it that day just to be safe.
Also, if any of them are unsafe with k, how long would I need to not take them for? would just skipping a day be ok? Also, just curious if there’s any substances that don’t play well with K, or is it very dose dependent? Thank you :)

I would skip the Auvelity that day, but otherwise there isn't an issue with respect to the medication described. Not that taking the Auvelity that same day would particularly dangerous, but I'd just skip it as to not dirty the effects.

I would skip all your health allows the day you’ll be taking it. So you can truly experience substance as it is and possibly benefit more from it. As much as some love K + stims, I think for what you look for, and if I’m right that’s experience and antidepressant afterglow it’s better to go for a K or K analogue alone.

Also be sure to start very low cuz of your unusual sensitivity to DXM. K & friends can be titrated very nice over session, at least without tolerance, so it’s possible to start with a threshold dose while still aiming for the hole. Unlike with some psychedelics like LSD where keep adding more until you find desirable intensity doesn’t really work well.

You could probably do ketamine without stopping any of your medications, just be aware that the DXM/buproprion will potentiate it somewhat.