• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question About Insurance and Blood Work (Very Important), my

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mil ink

Greenlighter
First let me say i’m not in anyway asking how to pass a “drug test”, my question I am 25 and on Medicaid in Texas, im on it because due to events in the past I have the spine of Someone many times my age. i used to be on Tramadol, as I was going to have to have my spine fused at the age of 19, however there was no one that could help me during reconvert so I have tried to do enough physical therapy to help deal with the pain, I had to move closer to help a family member, so i’m Seeing a new doctor, everything seems fine but a few months ago my insurance company said I needed blood work or something an will just do it when I see him, i’m On medications for my health problems, but haven’t been on painkillers since I was in the hospital for SS, an was on a weak opioid.
Anyway my question comes down to this, my appointment he wont even ask for the blood work an i can just go get x-rays (Reason im going in the first place), or ill get the blood work, ill of course have my deperession medicine, but ill have a painkiller and weed (I need it for my PTSD from abuse in my childhood), so if it is blood work they”ll test my white blood cell count etc, but will they test for drugs? And if they do will they kick me off benefits? It would be as good as killing me as the medications for my problems are expensive for my seizures, the problem is I have everything that qualified me an kills me, it’s just i have had to manage myself because i can’t just lay down everyday feeling sorry for myself
Thank you for everything, I am trying to get something going so i can get my surgery, then get off my medications, prescriptions etc, maybe once in awhile weed an of course my seizure medicine but this is more stress than I would of liked, thanks again

In normal situations drug tests are taken from urine sample instead of blood. Only in an ER situation they might take blood sample to see what the patient is under influence for. Same applies for DUI charges.

Also I am quite sure that even in the states they cannot just say to patient that they need blood sample and then analyze drugs from it.

In my country one needs to sign his consent to let that urine sample to put into drug testing.

We don't really allow drug testing questions of any kind, so I have to close this. I concur with Mr. Root's response. It would be highly unusual and possibly illegal for them to check for drugs on a routine blood test.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.