• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Question about heroin

Kyleeatsbelew

Greenlighter
I have been reading about black tar heroins ingredients and different alkaloids present, one of them being 6-monoacetylmorphine. Anyways the wikipedia page made it seem like the crude production of tar heroin only creates 6-monoacetlymorphine and a few other alkaloids but not diacetylmorphine(heroin). So is black tar heroin not really heroin? The acetylation process involves mixing acetic anhydride with the crudely processed opium concoction and i dont know the chemistry well enough to deduce whether or not diacetylmorphine is rendered. Another article i read said bth in rare occasions is 30% actual heroin. Can someone clear this up for me?

And by the way this post in no way is trying to figure out how to make heroin. Im just curious about the process

I have been reading about black tar heroins ingredients and different alkaloids present, one of them being 6-monoacetylmorphine. Anyways the wikipedia page made it seem like the crude production of tar heroin only creates 6-monoacetlymorphine and a few other alkaloids but not diacetylmorphine(heroin). So is black tar heroin not really heroin? The acetylation process involves mixing acetic anhydride with the crudely processed opium concoction and i dont know the chemistry well enough to deduce whether or not diacetylmorphine is rendered. Another article i read said bth in rare occasions is 30% actual heroin. Can someone clear this up for me?

Don't bother.. Diacetylmorphine"s affinity to opioid receptors is very low, it's effects caused mostly by it's metabolism into 6-monoacetylmorphine and morphine in the brain directly, but diacetyl group very helps it to cross blood-brain barrier unlike regular morphine, which one's ability to do so is a lot more weak in comparison.
6-MAM is primary heroin metabolite, and causes mosts heroin's effects.

Ohhhhhh.... I think i get it now. So diacetylmorphine when injected lets say, acts as a transporter into the blood brain barrier since it lipid soluble. And once in the brain is rapidly converted to 6-monoacetylmorphine. So 6-monoacetylmorphine has a higher affinity for opioid receptors then? I got ya

Ohhhhhh.... I think i get it now. So diacetylmorphine when injected lets say, acts as a transporter into the blood brain barrier since it lipid soluble. And once in the brain is rapidly converted to 6-monoacetylmorphine. So 6-monoacetylmorphine has a higher affinity for opioid receptors then? I got ya
Exactly :)
Though, I don't know about lipid solubility of 6-MAM itself. Only can tell that it's still better than regular morphine

All I know is that BTH has a very intense and long lasting rush (30 min-1 hr. Or more) IME but has almost no legs. (The all around effects when adminstered either IV or squirted up the nose in a needless syringe is about 2-3 hours usually, but sometimes I would hit certain spots in the batch that would cause a traditional 5-6 hr opioid high).

But whenever I IV'd Brown Heroin the rush was way shorter and milder but the high had great legs.

So my guess is that the 6 MAM is what causes the initial rush and the 3 MAM and Morphine is what causes the legs. But yeah I have heard before that its not "true" heroin. Its really more of the "crack" of opiates IME, kinda like Dalaudid. Either way, "true" Heroin is 6 MAM and 3 MAM bonded together 50/50 and BTH is usually an unbalanced ratio of 6 MAM and 3 MAM, usually with a higher ratio of 6 MAM, so its basically heroin. Ts like comparing a mirror to a broken mirror. The broken mirror is still technically a mirror at the end of the day.

Either way, "true" Heroin is 6 MAM and 3 MAM bonded together 50/50

This is false.
"true" heroin is 3,6-diacetylmorphine, meaning that there are two acetyl groups on each molecule; it is not a mix of two monoacetylated isomers.

Out of the two OH groups on morphine, the 6-position is far easier to acetylate than the 3-position. During the acetylation reaction, water is released, which shifts the chemical equilibrium away from the acetylated product. This means that only by using strong acetylating agents and proper lab equipment (stirrers, reflux condensers, a heating apparatus), it is possible to fully acetylate morphine to 3,6-diacetylmorphine, whereas using inferior reagents (ex.: glacial acetic acid with a catalyst) and/or equipment will give you a product that is primarily 6-MAM with smaller amounts of 3,6-Diacetylmorphine and 3-MAM in the mix.