• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question About Half-lives As It Pertains to Xanax

Lovecraft

Bluelighter
I take Xanax as needed, usually for sleep every now and then. I have an important job interview tomorrow and plan to take some tonight to help me sleep. But I also want to take a little for the interview which is mid-morning tomorrow. Should I take less than what I would normally take before the interview since I'll still have some in my system from the previous night?

Yes perhaps slightly less before the interview than normal (ie, without existing alprazolam in the bloodstream).

Being too benzo'd out during an interview isn't a good thing, ive done it. While you are confident it sort of strips away your humanity a bit, which people can notice. You want the lowest effective dose.

Solid advice from negrogesic as usual. Also If you're not used to taking benzos during daytime there's a risk that it might make you appear to be intoxicated. That you do not want.

That's kinda what I suspected. I took it for the first interview but I think it was too much. However, my anxiety was so high it broke through and I didn't feel the Xanax till afterward the interview, where I couldn't keep my eyes open.

I believe my mistake was taking it too soon before the interview so my anxiety was already taking hold of me. This time I'll take it much earlier so I'm more relaxed way before the interview.