• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question about geltabs (aka windowpanes)

paned

Greenlighter
SWIM recently acquired some gel tabs. at first he thought they were good, but got skeptical, as the marquis test showed up nothing. He was wondering if anyone on here knows if the marquis reagent works on gel tabs? also there is an obvious sparkly substance in them. He was wondering if this signifies the presence of a RC which requires a higher dose than LSD.

Also he reports that he tried one. almost indistinguishable than lsd, but no open eye visuals. this would be normal at a small does, however the closed eye visuals were disproportionally intense compared to having no open. and there was none of the love feeling that comes when you see those kind of visuals on lsd. Of course this is highly subjective, and could mean nothing.

Wow, SWIM, double post, and drug identification. Someone didn't read the BLUA.

Ehrlich's reagent is what you want. A purple result will rule out nbomes and DOx compounds. I don't know of a commonly accepted marquis result for LSD. I've heard black, green, and orange... I'd just get the ehrlich. Duration is a good indicator but subjective effects are not. Each trip is different. Two trips at the same dose can have totally different OEV or CEV experiences. And let's be real here, you have no clue what that dose is or whether the doses are exactly the same.

yup. same thing going through my head. No way to tell. The marquis showed up nothing, should be green to blackish for lsd. I was wondering if it wont work with gel tabs because it is absorbed into the gelatin. And yeah, you got me. didnt read it. My bad, oh well though, I made the account for the sole purpose of this question.

marquis doesnt really detect LSD very well. maybe it could pick up a large amount, but dropping a dose into a vial with some marquis reagent is not going to be reliable. if you want to test it, get an ehrlichs reagent for testing. what the marquis (and other reagents) can tell you, is if the jellies are adulterated with anything else. there have certainly been batches of gel DOx around before.

i dont really see geltabs too much anymore, kinda sad, i always had such good times with them!

Wow, SWIM, double post, and drug identification. Someone didn't read the BLUA.

Ehrlich's reagent is what you want. A purple result will rule out nbomes and DOx compounds. I don't know of a commonly accepted marquis result for LSD. I've heard black, green, and orange... I'd just get the ehrlich. Duration is a good indicator but subjective effects are not. Each trip is different. Two trips at the same dose can have totally different OEV or CEV experiences. And let's be real here, you have no clue what that dose is or whether the doses are exactly the same.

That´s right. Please read them so we are not selective warned ..

The gelatine matrix is probably preventing much LSD to be detected because since it is not a proper liquid, the reagent can't access enough of it to show color changes.

I say dissolve a gelpane tab enough to make it so liquid that the reagent actually works. Use a sort of container that has one very stretched dimension like a very elongated shape. That way you can look "top-down" through the 'column' which amplifies any coloration seen in the solution since it is additive.

Thank you, will try that. And good to know the marquis isn't too effective for it. Have read, will not break rules again.

Marquis is not ideal for LSD to begin with, but additionally extra substances present that are sensitive to oxidation can react with the sulfuric acid / formaldehyde mixture. A lot of oxidized materials turns dark (which influences color result) and the sulfuric acid is lost in the process. I wouldn't be surprised if the geltabs themselves react with it, just like blotter paper does.