View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question about Ehrlichs

Diethighlamide

Greenlighter
Hi all, new to the site:) so recently I've acquired a good bit of ALD52 from a reputable source. Upon testing this the tab slowly but surely turned green in color. I'm not sure what to think about this, I have tested the tabs and it seems to be true ALD but I'm not sure why the test would turn green? Any help appreciated

So basically what I get from this is that theres bo indole or Indole substitute, which makes me nervous consuming the substance, but as I said the ehrlichs came after the blotters and my eager self already consumed one.

So basically what I get from this is that theres bo indole or Indole substitute

Not necessarily. As long as the acetyl group is sitting on the indole nitrogen, it prevents the chromophore from forming:

[video]https://youtu.be/wJB_IZZYwWc[/video]

(the video shows 1P-LSD, but the same principle applies to ALD-52)

Apparently the reaction takes a very long time in cold water, but proceeds reasonably quickly if the solution is warmed to ~90 degrees Fahrenheit /~32 degrees Celsius.

Just a thought, it may or may not work, but how about trying the Meixner test?

Its not typically used for this, rather, its a test in mycology for detecting amatoxins. These are a group of altogether preeety fucking nasty ass cyclic peptides with an indolic core, more or less liquefies your liver, if you are unfortunate or/and stupid enough to take so much as a bite out of certain mushrooms, such as Amanita phalloides, A.virosa etc. (death-cap, destroying angel, respectively)

Test involves taking high-lignin paper, such as newspaper (lab filter paper specifically is out for this, its pretty low in lignin) and after adding a sample to a piece of the paper, placing a drop of concentrated hydrochloric acid, after a while, if the test is positive, it should form a purplish halo around the outer area of the sample.

No guarantees this will work, but the Meixner test is known to crossreact with psilocin/psilocybin, so unfortunately can't be used for ruling out E.g Galerina autumnalis hiding in your Psilocybe cyanescens harvest (spore print is needed for that), but it could be worth a try.