• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Question about edibles

Auburnfish89

Greenlighter
First off im new here, so im hoping im posting in the right place. My question is about two experiences i had with pot brownies a while back and if they sound normal. The first was about 2 months since i tried weed for the first time (only edibles), up until this point what i was eating was just homemade brownies but i was given some real brownies and figured it would probably be a bit different so i waited till the right weekend. I was given 4 brownies in total, rather thick, and about the size around of a i phone, also on the back they said they were 90% THC. I wasn't very intelligent on THC levels so my first though were they weren't even 100% weed so they would probably be pretty weak. Throughout a 3 hour period i ate all 4 of them spread out pretty evenly, around a half every half hour. I completely freaked out spending most of the night twitching on my couch watching mickey mouse run around my room, and everything i saw was out lined with rainbow colored led lights. Completely different then any other time i used brownies, i wound up passing out and waking up with a alchahol like hangover.
The second time was with the same type of brownies around 3 months ago, it was my first time since then. This might feel weird but i felt like i was experiencing something almost spiritual and me falling asleep i missed out on learning what my brain was telling me. I decided i was going to recreate it but ride it out this time, same 90% THC brownies.I only took half this time but it hit me harder and faster then the 4 brownies. I remember just laughing at family guy and all the sudden i was sucked into my head, i couldn't hear anything, couldn't see anything, and felt like i was slowly falling, but then in a split second everything returned which i took as a warning for what what going to happen. I cant explain it all because the entire trip was about 8 hours, but basically if you listen to acid trip reports it was just like that. Some of the moments that stick out were me watching my thrash can lids open and slam shut while laughing at me, the tree turned into a upside down octopuses where the leaves were faces and the thick branches were the tentacles, the car horns were lasting forever very slowly disappearing, my friends faces were melting and being stirred like a can of paint, while looking at a wall i was convinced it was nothing more than a billboard when i looked behind it i saw actors stretching before a play and the billboard turned into stage curtains, towards the end i looked up at the moon when everything i saw looked like a poster wrapped on the inside of a coffin of course i was inside it and when i looked closely the poster was lcd tablets (like when you see a lcd strip that has a design on it). A lot of other crazy stuff happened to me that night and i might go into it deeper later, but for now what do you guys think about the last one? Is it normal, do you think it could have been spiked with something like lcd. Also ive never smoked it but im interested so would this effect me the same way cause i don't want to be tripping for a couple hours. Sorry its so long.

What happened to you is common when you eat high doses of THC in edibles.

It's also way too easy to accidentally eat too much THC in edibles and get super high and have a psychedelic experience like you did with them.

Your herb was not spiked/laced. You said how you have never smoked pot, why is that? Try smoking it unless you're asthmatic or have health issues where you can smoke, or try vaporizing it but don't smoke or vape too much just smoke one hit or two small ones at the most and you can always smoke or vape more later or at another time.

Last edited:
Edibles are best suited for some medicinal uses in my opinion. Smoking or vaping is much greater for enjoying bein high and being useful for flow of creative thoughts and such. Edibles are easy to under and over do. Edibles also usually give a heavier body high that i dont enjoy as much as a energetic head high to say.

Smoking makes titrating the desired dose much easier to do----with the lag time from edibles it is harder to get the desired dose...

the OP's experience sounds like a chapter from those old,old books on hash eating,Baudelier something, those early days of hash eating where I think they took via oral very high doses of hash and had visionary experiences.