• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about cocaine and runny nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holly.3

Bluelighter
Question about cocaine and runny nose
To quote something I read off of the Erowid site...

["Use test. Some dealers will test the percentage of cocaine by inhaling (snorting) it into the nostrils. This is probably the best and most common street test in determining the purity of the cocaine. The tester should standardize the amount snorted so that he will have the ability to distinguish. The tester will look for the swiftness of the high and the "freeze" or numbness the substance causes. If the nasal passages burn and the eyes tear, there is a good possibility the cocaine has been cut with speed. Sugar and salt cuts will often times cause a post nasal drip. Excessive sweating and hyperactivity could mean either a speed or quinine cut was used. Excessive diarrhea would denote a laxative type cut such as epsom salts or menita. Speed tends to cause irregular bowel movement. A greater degree of numbness indicates the presence of procaine or other local anesthesia."]

Where it says that sugar and salt cuts oftentimes cause post nasal drip, nasal drip is the result of a runny nose and it running down the back of your throat.

So if I'm reading that correctly, a more pure cocaine will have less of a runny nose affect correct?

No one can ID cocaine percentage by how runny their nose gets. The numbing effect can be duplicated with lidocaine or another local anesthetic. I'm sorry but i'm gonna have to close this as conjecture about what good cocaine smells like or how runny it makes your nose is not good harm reduction.

If you have an issue with this please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.