• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about C10H15N

GeekinB3AST

Bluelighter
Hello , So i have Picked up a Ice Habit , I Keep seeing Issues relating to long Term Use.
Now my Question is What would be considered long Term Use of Ice(C10H15) , I feel like Long term Use would vary from substance to substance and Weather use is daily( It is November to present besides a 3 week break in the Middle) Tried a basic Google search and Got basic A is for addiction , Come Pay for our Rehab Bullshit(Sorry if Naughty words aint aloud ). I figured this would be the best place Post so a Mod could put it in the best Forum to Help find answer.

Thank you :)

I'm not much of a stimulants person but I would say if you find yourself using any drug every day you might have a problem. I'm going to move this to Basic Drug Discussion and people can give you their opinions. Welcome to Bluelight!

I would say probably at least a year to be called "long term use". However, that doesn't mean you're not already doing damage. Methamp is neurotoxic and causes problems when binged with lack of sleep and food. Daily use of meth is not healthy at all. You're not giving your brain adequate time to "heal", even if you are sleeping and eating every day. 5 months of everyday use definitely qualifies as "addiction", and probably dependence as well. That doesn't mean you have to check in to rehab, but meth is notorious for being very hard to put down on your own and stay off(actually even with rehab, meth addicts tend to have a high relapse rate). Best wishes to ya.

Most people arent familiar with the way you wrote methamphetamine you might get more responses in the future with a more recognized name

Im Dependent in the Sense that without it I have No Energy at all. But some C-4 Fixes that issue.... Just realized how much my Cardiovascular system is hating life. Rehab isnt a Option Due to family, Work , and my own Personal Conflicts with the way most rehabs work

I'm going to be biased to a certain extent regarding this subject, but we have our reasons for talking down about Methamphetamine, "Ice" being one of the many slang-terms used to describe the substance. "Ice" typically denotes a more pure, crystallized version of the drug, but given that it's a loosely defined slang term, you can only assume that when somebody says "Ice", they mean an Amphetamine of some kind.

Methamphetamine is a neurotoxic substance, meaning it causes (permanent) death of neurons in the brain, neurons being responsible for the plethora of communications that make our daily functioning possible. Heroin is really big in the news right now. We allegedly have an history-defying epidemic of Heroin use right now in the States and abroad, but the thing with Heroin, is that it can be used every day, indefinitely. The most imminent and major sacrifices that a Heroin user makes is to their lifestyle; diet, sleeping, relationships, etc. which are all easily forgotten in favor of the drug. This can be a nightmare in its own right, but the drug itself is not killing your brain cells in the same way that Methamphetamine can and does.

It's a very hard habit to break, just like Opioid use, but the penalties seem to be a lot stiffer.

I see , I was Under the Impression that Meth was Indeed Nuro Toxic , But only Past a certain level of Continued Long Term Use and Increased Dosing Amounts in Users( Abusers or Addicts) Im not one to label Another so ill leave it broad. . {METH generates an imbalance in the release and reuptake of dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine producing intense euphoria followed by hours of stimulation, excitation, and alertness [6]. High doses of the METH can damage brain dopamine neurones in experimental animal studies [79]. However, it has been speculated that even low doses used clinically in psychiatry might cause brain damage}-https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bn/2015/103969/