• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about benzo withdrawal

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
If you have a secret addiction of taking around 150mg diazepam per day (unknown to all your doctors), and suddenly your 'supply'' gets cut off and you start to feel unwell with withdrawal, and you turn up at A&E (ER) are they obligatied to give you benzos? As I've heard benzo withdrawal can be quite serious, or would they give you something else?

It can be very serious as in seizure-inducing, life threatening. Diazepam sticks around for quite some time even after stopping but at your dose there is no way to tell if that amount would be sufficient to do much of anything.

They wouldnt be obligated to give you benzos while there as it would be possible to give other meds, but would hope that they would at least steer you to somebody to help taper when released if you want to.

How long we're you on them and how long at 150 mg. That is a pretty hefty dose for long-term usage.

The ER is obligated to treat you for severe benzo withdrawal.

I've suggested on here before about going to the ER in a similar circumstance and they replied back that the ER doctor either denied them altogether or gave the a shot and sent them home. All you can do is try.

Good luck.

Say you've been on diazepam for nearly a year. And 150mg for say three months.

Mixed with first generation anti-histamines and instant release morphine.

Would they give you something none-benzo drug to stop/help the withdrawal or would they just give you a dose of diazepam (smaller amount)?

Also if you did go into a seizure wouldn't they give you lorazepam to stop it?

I've seen some reports where they simply did not treat the benzo withdrawal. One report the guy early 20s was checked on a ekg, not given any medication or scripts, and released with a 176/135 BP and heart rate that was sky high. I would personally go the honesty route first but if I didn't get treatment I would go to another hospital and claim alcohol withdrawal.

never tell a doc you self medicate thats a sure fire way to never get anything prescribed again

the ER isnt required to give you anything they will monitor you but as always tell you to see your doc
they might give you a shot of something to help calm you down but thats it, no where near enough to fully detox
if you get lucky maybe a few pills to hold you over

given that your doc doesnt know about your diazepam issues, detox would be the only way to go
dont under estimate what a benzo WD can do to you and it can def cause seizures

I've seen some reports where they simply did not treat the benzo withdrawal. One report the guy early 20s was checked on a ekg, not given any medication or scripts, and released with a 176/135 BP and heart rate that was sky high. I would personally go the honesty route first but if I didn't get treatment I would go to another hospital and claim alcohol withdrawal.

they dont give you shit for alcohol WD unless you go into a ER detox
all they will do if you go is a vitamin IV bag and send you on your way maybe a shot of a benzo its usually ativan

they might give you librium.

they may also give you a small dose and make you come back in to get subsequent doses.
they may give you a dose and give you the number to a detox.

I almost died many times from violent seizures from prolonged, heavy xanax abuse! I would get BP thru the roof, shit like 213/107! i went in for help, they took my BP and had me sit down in a dark quiet room, gave me like .4mg clonidine, after i had about .2 earlier in the day, and they told me, "we are not going to do anything until you first get your BP to go down!" they told me how scary high it was, they were all wide eyed. im in there with major DTs completely bloodshot eyes, MAD hot cold sweats, and LOTS of sweating, and shaking. fuk me im so glad to be off. Dont get me started on the seizures.....

Dont fuk with benzos! 'lil fuckers will kill you!