• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Question about ABV weed cannoil and solubility

EphemeralOutlet141

Bluelight Crew
I have roughly 4Gs of ABV and I'm making cannoil with olive oil. If I were to let the batch sit in a jar for 24 hours at room temperature, would it extract any THC?

I let it sit and I'm currently heating it gently on the stove top right now. I'm wondering if some of the work has already been done for me and I don't have to heat it as long and risk burning. I took 1 teaspoon after some gentle simmerjng to test it, but it could be a while before I have my own answer.

I've tried to find answers on other forums and I've read from one user that THC/CBD will be absorbed, no matter the temperature, as long as fat is present. The addition of heat quickens the process. Can anyone confirm?

AFAIK You do indeed require the heat for the THCA to be converted to THC thus giving you intoxicating effects. Keep the olive oil just below boiling and continue stirring for an hour (preferably 2 hrs if you have the time) then just strain out the plant matter with some cheese cloth and you've got your medicated olive oil. It's important for it it not to start boiling.. if you get any bubbling turn it down a bit and keep stirring.