View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Question about 6Gs of shrooms

vlzinspace

Bluelighter
my friend ate 6gs of shrooms and claims he had a mild trip... does that even sound right? could the mushrooms have been that low potency? 5g is considered heroic for 6g to be mild seems a bit strange...

what do you guys think? he says hes not on benzos or anything.

I take
my friend ate 6gs of shrooms and claims he had a mild trip... does that even sound right? could the mushrooms have been that low potency? 5g is considered heroic for 6g to be mild seems a bit strange...

what do you guys think? he says hes not on benzos or anything.
I take a benzo and with weed I got the same experience as with mushrooms.

Shrooms generally do not vary much in potency (from my experience). It's possible they were very old or not stored correctly, or were dried incorrectly (too much heat). There are more potent strains, but it would be very odd to find a super weak batch of shrooms.

It's a lot more likely your friend was taking a medication or other drug which dampened the effects of shrooms. Antidepressants, bipolar meds, and antipsychotics, among others, can negate the effects of psychedelics.

Or he's just a champ and can handle psychedelics well.

Although, the idea did just occur to me, are there look-alike edible shrooms that people could "cut" their batch of real shrooms with?

Never even thought about that before. Still, probably unlikely since I've never heard of anyone doing that.

i took about 5 and a half grams of some decent shrooms where if i took a half 1/8th i would get noticable effects, but with 5 and a half grams i was laying in bed meditating and i thought i was in a cave from that muppet kid's show fragile rock. i woke up in bed thinking i was walking around a cave, what woke me up was my legs moving around in bed and really getting no where. it was pretty intense for a few minutes, but when i woke up i wasn't really tripping that hard,

i'm guessing if your friend said it was mild he was getting some effects. i have a friend who never bothers to buy shrooms because he needs like a quarter of them to even get going supposedly. some people definitely can handle more shrooms than others with out having the same effects.

The ones I had were thinner and longer than they normally are, so maybe that had something to do with it, not grown correctly or something

The ones I had were thinner and longer than they normally are, so maybe that had something to do with it, not grown correctly or something
Interestingly, shrooms actually generate the same amount of psilocybin no matter what size they are or how big they grow.

Bigger shrooms are the least potent. Small wimpy ones can be A LOT more potent by weight than big ones.

It's like the opposite of weed, where big nugs are dank but smaller underdeveloped buds are weaker.