View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Queen Elizabeth II horse Estimate fails drug test

spacejunk

Bluelight Crew
Royal horse on "horse"?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-23/queen27s-horse-fails-drug-test/5616452
A horse owned by Queen Elizabeth II and the winner of one of England's most prestigious races has failed a drugs test, Buckingham Palace announced Wednesday.

ac4ed428bb6331805ec5384cb12e94625634d325.jpg

Estimate, which lifted the Gold Cup at Royal Ascot in 2013 and came second in this year's edition, has tested positive for morphine, a banned substance.

A statement by the Queen's racing advisor said initial indications were the positive test had resulted from the "consumption of a contaminated feed product".

The Queen, renowned for her love and knowledge of horse racing, cheered on Estimate - whose trainer Michael Stoute has been a leading figure on the English turf scene for more than 30 years - when the now five-year-old filly won at Ascot last year.

I can confirm that one of those horses was Estimate, the five year-old filly trained by Sir Michael Stoute and owned by The Queen.

A statement by John Warren, the Queen's bloodstock and racing advisor, said: "On Thursday July 17 the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) announced that a number of post-race samples, obtained from recent race meetings, had been found to indicate the presence of morphine, which is a prohibited substance on race days.

"Five horses, under the care of various trainers, were affected.

"I can confirm that one of those horses was Estimate, the five year-old filly trained by Sir Michael Stoute and owned by The Queen.

"Initial indications are that the positive test resulted from the consumption of a contaminated feed product.

"Sir Michael is working closely with the feed company involved to discover how the product may have become contaminated prior to delivery to his stables.

"As the BHA investigates this matter, including potential links between the different cases, Sir Michael continues to offer his full co-operation.

"There will be no further comment until the BHA announces its considered findings.

"Her Majesty has been informed of the situation."

Estimate made sporting history for the Queen in 2013 when she became the first reigning monarch to own a Gold Cup-winning horse.
estimate-fails-drugs-test-390x285.jpg

Human athletes circumvent drug testing. Lance Armstrong didn't get caught until after he won the Tour De France seven consecutive times. I am certain this happens in horse racing also. This horses genetics could be worth millions. I doubt they would use something so easily detected.