• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin quality & purity of tar

shanghaidreamer

Greenlighter
Questions about quality & purity of tar:

Background: Previously, I only used pharmaceutical grade dilluadid x3 years. I am unable to get diluadid anymore and I've been using heroin for the past few months. I've bought from various dealers and each says that their tar is "the best" ... and that since its tar, it can't be cut.

Is that true? Can you cut tar? If so, how & with what?!

Is tar supposed to be sticky like goo or should it "shatter" ?

Is it better to have darker tar or lighter? What color is the best?! Reddish-brown, dark brown, black, etc.

When you cook it, should there be flakes at the bottom or should it be a more homogenous solution? (pre-cotton)

Final question, and I know this is a little off topic, what is the best way to convert tar into a solution that you can snort? Should you even use this route or is it a waste of good H?

I appreciate any advice! :)

We can't discuss cuts, who knows what it's cut with, but I guarantee you it is cut and isn't pure just from the simple fact that it's tar, and even if it wasn't it's still not gonna be pure smack. I don't see a whole lot of tar here in the southeastern U.S., although it appears to be becoming a bit more common for whatever reason. The times I've had it, the quality has varied wildly, so when I do encounter it, or get a call from someone trying to sling some, I turn it down unless I'm desperate and sick, or have heard some very good feedback from a trusted source about the batch.

Snorting it can be a pain, but I find chopping it finely with a razor and mixing with a little water makes it work alright.

Black tar is very crudely refined, which means it is full of impurities, and yes tar can definitely be cut.

I would add though, that with tar being fairly uncommon where I live, I've met a number people that for whatever reason assume that all tar is always super weak bs amd have seen a person or two fall out after doing some.

i wonder about fentanyl in tar alot myself. I will never touch powdered H again due to fent. It seems tar is safer but I would love to see some analysis of samples done. You could also get a field testing kit for fent.

What I would suggest doing if you get fented tar is dissolve all of it in alcohol, filter, then evaporate the alcohol (make sure its all out if you plan to smoke). This would at least help ensure a uniform distribution of the fent throughout the tar and eliminate hot spots of lethal fent doses

That is exactly what I was worried about!! I guess my assumption was that it would be harder to cut tar w/ fent since fentanyl is a white powder and therefore it would be pretty obvious if you saw white specks in your tar! Only problem with the field testing kits is they aren't cheap, unless I'm buying in bulk or something. It wouldn't be very practical to test every bag I buy. Oh and thanks for the tip, that makes total sense!! I also read that thats how you sterilize it (highly doubt that it turns out completely sterile but probably much cleaner!) I'll definitely do that from now on!